PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning streaks off bottom of fifth wheel

justlkn
06-16-2014, 03:46 AM
I tried searching the forum and the web but typing in the words cleaning and fifth wheel brings up an overwhelming amount of information not necessarily related to what I am looking for. Has anyone discovered any thing that would clean the lower portion of a fifth wheel? It is the lower skirting that I believe they call J wrap. The rest of the RV is spotless but I cannot get that portion clean. I have used many types of heavy duty cleaners with no results. Anyone found something that might help beside painting it? The arrow points to the area I am having trouble cleaning.

jsmith948
06-16-2014, 05:19 AM
Have you tried a "MR Clean Magic Eraser'?
The bottom of our Cougar is a dark painted painted aluminum. We use Aerospace 303 to remove streaks with good results.

justlkn
06-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Ahh...the magic eraser. The one thing I have not tried. I will give it a shot to see what happens. Thanks.

justlkn
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
That would be a no go with the Magic Eraser. Not sure whats left that may clean the siding. May have to try Plastidip or something.

hnhmac
06-16-2014, 03:01 PM
I went to the dollar store and bought awesome, cleaned it up like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenn321
06-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Got you covered,Turtle wax rubbing compond at walmart in a small green bottle.It is not abraive I used it on a class a that had rust spots from metal nothing would touch.Use it on door handles of cars that finger nails scratch.Just try it about 5 bucks,Let us know just how well it works

tenn321
06-16-2014, 04:53 PM
O yea awesome is great stuff but it will take all the wax off

justlkn
06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Tenn321 you, my friend, are a genius!! Using the Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound worked like a champ! I used Awesome, bleach, magic eraser and just about everything else except that old bottle of Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound I had stored on the shelf. Now just to find the time to get out there in the heat and do it

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

tenn321
06-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Well my friend I am glad it worked for you.Hope ever one reads this post. it works on a lot of stains,small scratches and black streaks very well