PDA

View Full Version : exterior speakers

salsert
06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I need to upgrade the exterior speakers. Are there any good ones that will fit the 5 1/2"housing that is already on the RV?

bsmith0404
06-15-2014, 06:16 PM
I would look at marine speakers since they are made for being out in the elements. I believe Jensen makes some decent marine applications. Actually, I just did a google, JBL and Infinity have some nice marine speakers.

therink
06-16-2014, 03:05 AM
On my last fiver, I replaced mine with a better grade marine speakers. Got them online at Crutchfield. I don't remember the brand but they fit into the factory housings. I did have to use a dremel to open up the hole on the filon sidewall (inside the housing) to accommodate the larger magnets. I did notice some improvement with sound quality but not as much as I expected. I came to the conclusion that the thin speaker wires and cheap stereo were part of the problem.

jimmyv13
06-22-2014, 07:06 PM
New speakers will only do so much with the factory all in one amp.

x96mnn
06-23-2014, 06:07 AM
You can actually decrease the sound quality and volume going with a better speaker. The factory decks although read at time 25 or 30 watts they in fact most often produce little more then 5 watts. A better speaker most often is rated at 30 to 60 watt rms minimum to produce proper sound.

Often times simply changing out the deck and keeping the factory speakers will give you far better sound results, just pushing more clean power to the speakers. An upgrade to both does not hurt as well.