PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cougar Xlite 32SAB

BuddyB
06-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Just bought the 32sab and I noticed the fiberglass cap really leaves very little space to the front of hitch (ball cup). I have the Eaz Lift Weight Dist. hitch and the Eaz Lift Sway Control (right side only). When leaving dealership a service tech yelled at me to stop. It seems the trailer cap was about to push into the corner of the truck bed if I had continued my tight turn. What is the best fix for this problem? Should I get a ball hitch with a longer slide-in shank? Would that affect the towing setup? Some help please. Thanks...

michol02
06-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi BuddyB, I have the same unit and I have never had any problem, and I have made some tight turns with it. I have an Equalizer hitch set up in a normal configuration. My truck is 2wd and sits fairly low. If you have a truck that sits high, I could see where it would hit the raised part of the cap. I'm not sure if a hitch extension is available or safe.

BuddyB
06-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the reply michol02. My truck is a 2010 Ford FX4 short bed and since it is a 4x4 it does sit much higher than a two wheel drive.

JoePK
06-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Looks like you have the same front cap as our Cougar 28rls, and we traded in our Eaz wd hitch for a Blue Ox sway pro when we bought it. The Blue Ox doesn't interfere with the propane cover and is a little farther out then the Eaz. I've only used it a few times, but it's a lot easier putting the bars on. Something to think about in the future....
Hope this helps :)