PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

Whitewolf
06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
We brought home our High Country today. "bouncey:

PDI took a couple of hours and they fixed or adjusted 5 piddly little things we wanted fixed or adjusted. I asked them to add water to the tank to make sure the pump worked. The tech who was fixing things and who added water, turned on each faucet and flushed the toilet for me. He even said he'd get a towel to wipe down the shower after he ran that. I said 'no'. :)

The trip home took longer than the 3hrs 'cause I stopped at every rest area 'just to check things'. :p

The Reese Goosebox did what it was designed for. I did notice that I needed to add a little air to it. I'll pay more attention to that before we go out next weekend. That destination is a little less than 2hrs away.

The Cummins was flawless. Pulled the hills with ease. Most of the time she ran in 6th at 1500rpm at 65mph. Downshifted a few times on the hills when the turbo got over halfway.

I've never pulled a 5r before. I'm liking it. Backing up is another story. I lost count on how many tries it took me to back into our drive. Way more than 10. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't bring popcorn and watch. I'm going to get advice from 2 of my neighbors who are friends. One backs his TT thru his garage into his back yard with 1.5" clearance on both sides. The other has a 5r and can back up 2 trailers hooked together. :eek:

When we got to the dealership we noticed something familiar next to the our new unit. Our old unit. Second pic shows both.

JRTJH
06-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Congratulations on your new RV... FINALLY is right, it seems like you've been waiting since Christmas for this one to get here and your hitch to be installed...

That building in the background sure looks familiar. Did you buy it from CW in Houghton Lake?

Whitewolf
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes we did! I posted a note in 'Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos'. I don't know your experience with them, but both times we've bought units from them, its been a good experience. :)

JRTJH
06-11-2014, 08:36 PM
We bought our Springdale there in 2010. Great experience and good pricing. Service was excellent and always has been. Unfortunately, they couldn't (wouldn't) meet the pricing when we bought the Cougar so we bought from the dealer in Onaway. They have been equally good with service and support.

I have nothing but great things to say about CW Houghton, and we'd have bought there if they could have matched the price.

You passed right by our house on the way there. Gaylord is right around the corner from us.

Essness
06-12-2014, 03:04 AM
Sweet! Looks great Wolf and congrats:cool:

HappyCamperMN
06-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Congratulations! Now to get out and enjoy camping season!

Kristi
06-12-2014, 05:12 AM
:hpyclp: So exited for ya Wolf! You will get the backing down, just takes practice, so get out there camping! You have some catching up to do! :p

GaryWT
06-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Congrats and good luck, enjoy camping and playing with the new toy.

Vet4jdc
06-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Don't sweat the backing ....it will come to you. I backed in our drive the 8th time perfectly on my first day! :)

gtsum2
06-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Good looking combo you got there. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Randyj
06-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Congrads and enjoy