PDA

View Full Version : Docking Station

Bob Vaughn
12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
While looking at the Copper Canyon I opened a panel on the side of the 5th wheel and there were 2 connectors for RG56 type cable, one was marked Sat. but it was anybodys guess as to which one it was because the label was on the door not the panel there was an opening with washer/screen in it. No way to attatch or put a hose there and the salesman was not sure what it was for...My guess is it is a vent for the fresh water tank.....:confused:

geo
12-21-2010, 08:21 PM
While looking at the Copper Canyon I opened a panel on the side of the 5th wheel and there were 2 connectors for RG56 type cable, one was marked Sat. but it was anybodys guess as to which one it was because the label was on the door not the panel there was an opening with washer/screen in it. No way to attatch or put a hose there and the salesman was not sure what it was for...My guess is it is a vent for the fresh water tank.....:confused:

Make the salesman check that, if the cable is not RG-6, then it's not "Sat".

Ron

Jim W
12-22-2010, 05:35 AM

Bob,
Every docking station is different between the models of Keystone campers. They do this to provide differential between the models in order to sell them for their respective customer base.

For example in my Cougar 318SAB, docking station there is only one cable connection labeled SAT. I found out through trail and error that this was for the cable connection, at camp grounds that offered cable TV. The satellite signal would not pass through this connection, do to the signal booster for the antenna on the roof.

The other outlet you mention in my docking station is for the fresh water vent with just a screen in it. The fresh water inlet on my trailer is at the rear of the trailer in a lockable door. The fresh water tank is in the rear, under the living room for weight balance when towing.

My other connections are for; hook-up to the camp ground potable water and outside shower connection. The black water tank flush system and two of the three handles for the black and gray water drains.

My other drain handle is located on the outside under the water heater for the galley.

I would go to the service department and have them provide you with a knowledgeable technician. This person should know more then the salesman (saleswoman) on how to operate the camper and he could answer your question on what each feature is and were it is located, since they work on them.

I hope this helps

Jim