PDA

View Full Version : Camp Gulf Beachfront

Jim Dow
06-10-2014, 04:13 PM
This past week we enjoyed our beachfront spot at Camp Gulf (Miramar Beach, FL). The weather was great and our spot on the beach was awesome.

Early mornings were spent enjoying the view of the beach from our lounge chairs with a nice hot cup of coffee.

Late mornings were spent on the beach - just relaxing and watching kids have fun. The surf was very nice.

Mid-day was spent back in the 5er - with air conditioning.

Late afternoon, back on the beach - right outside our front door.

Evening strolls on the beach were just a step away.

Service was great/friendly; the campground was clean and well equipped; and the family-oriented atmosphere was thoroughly appreciated.

We would recommend Camp Gulf to you all.

byrdr1
06-11-2014, 03:54 AM
Sweet, I love that clean white sand and right out your back window.
randy

Kristi
06-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Nice! Thanks for the info.

uct
06-11-2014, 04:10 PM
How much per night?

Jim Dow
06-11-2014, 06:40 PM
From Memorial Day through Labor Day the rate for a beachfront site is $185 per night. As you move back from the beach, the rates decrease substantially.

From Labor Day through Memorial Day (non-peak) the rate for a beachfront site is about $85 per night. As you move back from the beach, the rates decrease substantially.

As for other similar campgrounds, I can recommend both Emerald Beach Campground and Navarre Beach Campgrounds - both back closer to Pensacola, FL. These two campgrounds front on a bay and not on the Gulf of Mexico; but both are very nice with waterfront sites and considerably lower nightly rates.

The Gulf beach is very very nice.

js9234
06-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I've done research on this place for vacation next year and it sounds amazing. Very pricey BUT it's Florida. I want to do the RV/Cabin package so family members can go also. Is it very kid friendly? How far from local attractions? This year we're doing it cheap and heading a few hrs away to Padre Island, TX. Not enough time to save money lol From Abilene, TX to Destin, FL is a long drive.

Jim Dow
06-14-2014, 11:45 AM
The cabins at Camp Gulf are nice and close to the beach. Most are smaller; but there is one large cabin for an entire family or families. The rates are comparable to the trailer sites.

There's a pool and water slide for the kids. Also there is a game room.

Attractions are quite close by and plentiful - about 25 miles to Panama City or Fort Walton Beach.

crash
06-17-2014, 02:28 AM
We are planning on going there this December ,Glad you had a great time.

MBD
06-25-2014, 05:57 PM
We have been a few times and are going again the first week in August. The resort is definitely family oriented with a huge inflated slide and hand dipped ice cream. The best thing is you are so close to the beach - no crossing the highway or other obstacles. As cool as the first (closest to the water) row is, there are a couple of drawbacks- 1. no sewer connection, requires pump out and 2. no pets - some law (whether state or county) prohibits dogs on the beach. I also would not want the rest of the campground walking close to my "camp site."

The resort is minutes away from an outlet mall, Walmart, several grocery stores and most importantly - commercial fishing opportunities for avid saltwater anglers. Think "DESTIN."

It is the only resort that I have found on the actual beach. Additionally, the water is the actual Gulf and not the lagoon/bay that is just a tiny bit further West.

It is in the top three of my favorite destinations.

STLCG
06-27-2014, 03:12 PM
My family absolutely loves Camp Gulf!! Since we moved to GA it’s become an annual stop. Yes it is stupidly expensive but so worth the money. If the extra cost of the Beach Front Site plus the cost of having your black tank pumped out does not bother you than I cannot imagine a more perfect place to park your RV. For us with a dog and my overall tendency towards being cheap we prefer to stay on the Beach Sites on the 500 row. The sites 544-534 are a lot wider and offer plenty of room to spread out. 545-556 are really close to the water but are ridiculously tight (awning touching neighbors slide out tight) I have twin 13 year old girls and they both look forward to our trips to Destin, enough said!!

panhandlebob
06-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Nice , we live only 10 minutes from Camp Gulf , a little expensive but great family camping. Also check out Top Sail State park on 30a,great park with beach access just down the road for less than half the price.