PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2920bh help

wdenton07
06-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Hello All

I have been reading a lot of the forums and I have a question

I have a 2013 passport 2920bh and it seems the ceiling is sagging a little buy the front light in front of the tv and the light by the bathroom.

Does anyone else's sag like this. it is only a little say but the ceiling is definitely not tight to the roof.

Just want to make sure this is normal since I only have a week left of warranty

Festus2
06-09-2014, 02:16 PM
The ceiling should be "tight" to the roof joists and there should be no sagging or give along the joist/rafter lines. The luan ceiling should be securely fastened along these lines. There will be some give to the ceiling in the area between the joists/rafters but the give or flex should be the same all across the width of the ceiling.

One section or area should not sag or have a significantly more "give" than any other so in that sense any sag would not be normal.

You can push up on various areas around where you feel there is sagging and any upward movement should be uniform between the joists.

If you feel or can see that there is sagging, you should contact your dealership and/or Keystone to make sure they have this problem being reported and on file before your warranty expires. Waiting until after the expiration of the warranty won't give you much satisfaction.

wdenton07
06-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the information.
I have had a lot of issues with the camper and it has been in for repair at leaf 5 times with a list 3 pages long so the people repairing it have looked at it and they say it is normal.

so maybe my best bet would be to call keystone.
I don't think my roof should sag by 2 of the lights and the reset of the ceiling be tight.
Thanks for confirming this for me

Do you have a good contact number for keystone

JRTJH
06-10-2014, 04:32 AM
All of Keystone's contact information is here:

http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

There is also a link to send email correspondence. Remember, if, when it's all "said and done" you don't have a physical copy to prove what you said, phone calls won't really do much to prove you ever contacted Keystone. You might want to use email so you have a record of what was discussed and what was promised......

08quadram
06-10-2014, 06:52 PM
My ceiling does hang slightly lower at the front light and speakers. The speaker clears the slide. I haven't seen any chance since new.

I have had a few things done, but I have replace myself. Hope you get it all worked out.