PDA

View Full Version : Electric slides chatter/jerk opening

wstyng
06-08-2014, 03:12 PM
2013 Cougar 319RLS. The slides now chatter or jerk a little when opening like they are sticking a bit. This may be my doing because I applied a slide seal conditioner (Thetford spray on slide out rubber seal conditioner). It did not happen before I applied the spray, but now the slides make a high pitched noise like maybe a cable is slipping (?) and jerk as they open. I would have thought the conditioner would have made things better. Should I apply a dry lubricant to the cables and rollers?

therink
06-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I had a similar problem, very high pitched speak when moving the slide. I ended up removing the square opening in the belly at the slide motor. I found two problems. 1) the slide motor needed to be tightened. I took care of that. 2) Inside the slide rail above the motor and gearbox, the inner rail rides on a Teflon disk along the upper side of the outer rail. This Teflon disk was where the squeak was coming from. I rubbed some wheel bearing grease inside the outer/upper rail that the Teflon disk rides along and this eliminated the squeaking and shuttering.
Steve

SkiSmuggs
06-24-2014, 08:21 AM
The cables for our living room slide got out of adjustment and caused the slider to hang. I had the dealer adjust them.