PDA

View Full Version : Corner Trim Replacement

Wally15
06-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Well, I officially christened my (almost) new TT last week. A security gate closed as I was putting the TT into a storage lot and damaged the vertical trim at the left rear. Mostly my fault, I took too long to make the turn at the entrance (am I supposed to go right ....or left???). Since it was going into storage for a month, and I didn't have many tools available, I made a temp fix by bending the trim back and sealing with aluminum tape. DW wants a permanent fix (I sorta like the vertical racing stripe), guess who will win that battle.
Couple of questions from a DIY'er (I have tools and time but no experience with a repair of this nature):
1) where can I get a replacement metal trim piece and the rubber or plastic strip that covers the screw slots?
2) What kind of sealing caulk to use (silicone or not?)
3) Anything else I need to do to make it as watertight as possible?
4) Any other constructive comments or suggestions.

Festus2
06-08-2014, 06:49 AM
1) where can I get a replacement metal trim piece and the rubber or plastic strip that covers the screw slots?
2) What kind of sealing caulk to use (silicone or not?)
3) Anything else I need to do to make it as watertight as possible?
4) Any other constructive comments or suggestions.

Wally15 -
Most RV repair/retail places would stock the plastic strip but the metal trim piece may have to be ordered in. If you're lucky, you may be able to get both from there.
I'd use either Geocel Proflex RV sealant ( a non-silicone product) and/or the gray butyl tape for the sealing and caulking.

Bob Landry
06-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Look at Trekwood RV. They carry an extensive line of Keystone components/replacements.