PDA

View Full Version : Dry camping

davidjsimons
06-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I recently purchased two Honda generators and a parallel kit. I'm looking forward to taking my first dry camping trip soon. I have a piece of property with no neighbors anywhere near by with about three acres cleared. I'm going to go set up and go shooting for the weekend. Along with the two Hondas, I bought an auxiliary six gallon tank to feed the two units. I'm thinking this may run me for the better part of the weekend. Any thoughts on how long this may run the two units?

SAD
06-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I recently purchased two Honda generators and a parallel kit. I'm looking forward to taking my first dry camping trip soon. I have a piece of property with no neighbors anywhere near by with about three acres cleared. I'm going to go set up and go shooting for the weekend. Along with the two Hondas, I bought an auxiliary six gallon tank to feed the two units. I'm thinking this may run me for the better part of the weekend. Any thoughts on how long this may run the two units?

The manual should indicate estimated fuel consumption. I'd wager roughly 1/2 gallon per hour. However, that's based upon a single generator on a light to moderate load.

Unsure what two paralleled would do.