PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Cooper Canyon 5th wheel

Bob Vaughn
12-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I need help making a decision ..... should I purchase this 2011 or should I move on to another brand...:eek:

Flyguy
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it's difficult for anyone to make that decision for you. You have to decide what's best for you. If you have questions about technical issues on a certain model just ask and I'm sure someone will have had the experience needed to answer your question.

Bob Vaughn
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I need help making a decision ..... should I purchase this 2011 or should I move on to another brand...:eek:
I have had my current TT for 10 years and have never had one single problem except with the refer and that was due to lightning.....I just want to "Plug and Play"....I don't want to gamble on having a bunch of problems...I am having to move to a 5th wheel because I can no longer lift the load equalizer bars on my wd hitch...recently one of them threw me against the rv port wall....68 is just too old to be dealing with problems daily....:confused:

Outbackmel
12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey, I'll be 68 in April. I know the feeling of those "bars" and "stuff".:) We considered a motorhome, however, none had a floorplan we needed to fit our family. Moving to this 2011 Outback has been a dream.....we love a 5er....great having the crew cab truck at the detination.....:D

Flyguy
12-18-2010, 08:16 PM
You can use the power tongue jack to lift the trailer enough to easily place the spring bars in place, then lower it and retract the jack post all the way. If you don't have a power jack then I would suggest getting one and replacing the manual crank one. That's what I did and it has worked fine for me. I'll be 70 in July.

Ruffus
12-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Well Bob, I bought a Copper Canyon Fifthwheel last January and the DW and I moved into it full time in August. We had a couple minor problems when we first bought it but it's mechanical and you are going to exspect a problem or two. We have had no problems with leaks, electrical or plumbing. Sometime these blogs can turn you off to a specific brand because of the negative post's from people really just asking for advise but remember there are thousands of satisfied owners such as us. Good Luck.:)

Balldome
12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
I am 48 and love my new 293rk Laredo 2011 with the power jack.

Retired_Jim
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Bob, I'm 63 and it's like getting those first power windows in our cars. Once you go to power jacks and power stabilizers there's no going back. I guess one could get arthritis in a finger at an older age.

Bob Vaughn
12-20-2010, 05:26 PM
You can use the power tongue jack to lift the trailer enough to easily place the spring bars in place, then lower it and retract the jack post all the way. If you don't have a power jack then I would suggest getting one and replacing the manual crank one. That's what I did and it has worked fine for me. I'll be 70 in July.
I do have a power jack, the one I had did not lift as high as the one I have now..my other one was 18" lift this one is 24" lift....

miller8179
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
We just bought a Copper Canyon 2 months ago and it was the worst mistake of our lives. More problems than I can even mention. It's a complete failure. Attention to detail DID NOT go into this unit and it has caused many problems.

We're filing a lemon law suit in TX to get this thing replaced.

Good luck. I won't buy another Keystone after seeing the issues with ours. They aren't coincidental either. Our RV has proven to us that Keystone is asleep at the wheel.

Seann
01-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Run away from Keystone unless you just want a shinny toy to sit in the driveway...