PDA

View Full Version : Load capacity on slideout

Tappinma
06-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the maximum load capacity of the slideout in a Keystone Hornet 29RLS. I am looking to replace the sofa and want to be sure that it plus 2 humans won't bend the thing. The sofa and mattress are 200lb. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!! (tx)

fla-gypsy
06-05-2014, 05:22 PM
I have the same trailer and there is no published weight limit that I am aware of. I do know it will hold my sofa, dinette and me and DW (510 lbs combined, don't go there).

Tappinma
06-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Fla-gypsy, my honey and me are in the same weight class!! I'm going to try and contact Keystone to see if I can get an official weight limit. The couch is shot and I can get another one of MUCH better quality and a good mattress for the price of a low end replacement sleeper sofa designed for a camper. HOO WEE those things are expensive!!! My only other thoughts were 1) can I get the new one through the door (other posters had taken the back off) 2) will I have enough room from the back of the couch to the foot when it is extended. Total, the new couch would be 88 inches fully extended.
Thanks for the post!!!!!!:D

SAABDOCTOR
06-06-2014, 08:30 AM
my slides hold me my dw 2 dogs and the couch that would be a tad over 700lbs. yea the dogs are big:D no issues

fla-gypsy
06-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't think it will be an issue