PDA

View Full Version : exterior LED lights on Alpine 3010RE

Justus2
06-04-2014, 10:19 PM
I can't believe I'm writing this but its been bugging me since I took delivery of my new 3010RE (about a month). The Alpines have exterior LED lights under the entrance door and at the front of the coach, above the hitch.

The door lights go on whenever the outside door is opened. I can see the switch, just haven't figured out how to disable it during the day time. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Now, the front LED lights - how do they work (how do I get them to go on)? My trailer is parked, hooked up to electric at a private campground.

Thank you kindly....

tdawg
06-05-2014, 03:38 AM
My 2013 alpine docking lights have a switch in the battery compartment, door lights I don't worry about, I guess you would have to complete the circuit on contacts on door frame

bsmith0404
06-05-2014, 04:45 AM
My 2013 alpine docking lights have a switch in the battery compartment, door lights I don't worry about, I guess you would have to complete the circuit on contacts on door frame

X2, switch is in battery compartment. As for the door, they're LEDs, thousands of hours worth of lights. IMO, not worth messing with.

koup
06-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I guess you could pull the fuse if it bothers you. It is labelled and I think it is the second one from the bottom. I know this because there is a short in mine and the fuse blows every time I replace it. Add it tot he list of warranty issues.

homer3
06-07-2014, 09:25 PM
On the subject of LED lights, does anyone know (since they are brighter) if there are replacement bulbs for standard clearance lights. Thinking about replacing for ease of vision while driving at night if actually brighter.

Festus2
06-08-2014, 06:55 AM
On the subject of LED lights, does anyone know ........

homer3-
Check out Number 3 in this week's Top Five .............:rolleyes: I'm sure you didn't mean to go off topic or to hijack the OP's thread but .......