PDA

View Full Version : Shower Doors

wado66
06-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Has anyone used these or any other shower doors that keep the water in the shower and not all over the floor?
I have seen a couple of brands that seem to retro fit onto my existing shower and seal off any water exiting the shower.
Would love some input from the forum with experiences and fixes for the pool on the floor because the shower curtain ain't doin it!

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_130043_0_8dc5daf60ecb916aa977c96a169e35f7.png

bobbecky
06-03-2014, 08:09 PM
We had one of those accordion type shower doors on our old trailer. Not the most attractive thing, but worked very well keeping water in the shower. I would suspect anything would be better than a curtain, and this would be the top fix going from a curtain.

J&A
06-04-2014, 04:06 AM
I don't have one but I'm considering adding one this fall. I read a couple of forum threads and found out that if your RV's roof is not flat, you'll have to consider making a custom header or leaving the top open provided that the product's top track is strong enough to sustain the weight and form.

ohiocougar
06-04-2014, 04:22 AM
I put one in our TT 2 years ago and I have no complaints. Works much better than the curtain plus it was an easy mod

hankaye
06-04-2014, 06:18 AM
wado66, Howdy;

Had one of them in my older TT ...
Check out the bottom track, look for the oblong
slots that are there for drainage, they should be on
the tub side.

hankaye

JRTJH
06-04-2014, 02:15 PM
We had one in our Holiday Rambler "back when".... They work well, much better than a "clinging shower curtain" but living in a "hot humid area" you can't leave it stored in the open position if it is wet, the accordion folds will mold if they aren't given time to dry before storage. Leaving the shower door closed really makes the bathroom seem smaller, so it's a tradeoff, but the door does work well when in use.

wado66
06-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I really appreciate the input from everyone.
Just curious if there is anything out there that may be better to retrofit my shower with or if this may be my best option.