PDA

View Full Version : TST 507 Pressure and Temp settings?

sptddog
06-03-2014, 05:14 AM
For those of you using your TST 507 (or likely the 510), what are you setting your low/high pressures and temperatures at? I was thinking of leaving the default temperature setting (think it's 158 or something in that range), but I wasn't sure what the low pressure setting should be. I have a Fuzion 342 - 80PSI is what the tires call for.

I just bought it for a trip tomorrow to Nashville, and I can't speak highly enough of ordering directly from the manufacturer - I called because I had questions, and they were super helpful and gave me a price much lower than anywhere online (and lower than their posted price). Add free shipping that was UPS and arrived in the same timeframe that I'd have gotten it in if I paid for expres shipping at other retailers. I ended up saving almost a hundred bucks. Now I just hope the system works as well as everyone says! :)

Bombfixer
06-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Congrats on your new TPMS System. I have the 507 and love it. My owners manual suggested leaving the temperature at the factory default of 158° . My tires also carry 80 psi down the road. I set my pressure ratings at 65 for the low to 110 for the high.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk

ChuckS
06-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I bought the 507 system for our new fifth wheel Alpine 3010RE and also one additional set for drive wheels on truck. Setup was easy and it's amazing how much the tire pressure builds up on the fiver tires in very short order.

I start out always with 80 psi in the drive wheels on truck and 80 on all four fiver tires. The accuracy of tire pressure compared to my tire gauge is within 1 to 2 pounds at most on the fiver tires..

Those tires build up to 88psi fairly quickly.. Also interesting to watch the tire temperatures as they change based on ambient outside road temperatures, etc..

I am very impressed with my 507 system so far.. Have used on two trips with new fiver.. One was 1400 miles round trip to Vegas and other was local trip up into Sawtooth mountains camping..

Make sure you put one of the anti theft wrenches somewhere in the fiver anyone in your two vehicle.. I keep one for the fiver in small Tupperware container just inside access door for water, sewer valves..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtyphoid
06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
The 507 quick start guide recommends setting the pressure limits to +20% and -10% of your normal pressure. I've been using 96 and 72 for mine (normal is 80) with no problems or false alarms so far.

TomHaycraft
06-04-2014, 02:40 AM
I have the 507, used the defaults, only 50psi tires, but no problems. Cost was well worth the peace of mind we now have. Very interesting to see the variation in pressure and temperature, sun on one side of the road or the other is very noticeable.

ChuckS
06-04-2014, 06:13 AM
What is everyone using for temperature setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombfixer
06-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Use the factory default temp setting of 158°

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk