PDA

View Full Version : Dinette in the slide

bucketman
06-02-2014, 11:23 AM
I want to remove the U shaped dinette and either install two swivel recliners, or one reclining love seat, or two euro style chairs. I have 83 inches X 40inches to do this. We were kind of thinking that tv trays would be all we would need to replace the table. Just trying to make it more comfortable for two people. Just looking for pros and cons to any of those scenarios. does any body know if we would be possibly overloading the slide also? Send pictures if possible. I saw two other postings on this but weren't exactly what I'm intending. Does anybody feel that Lazyboy would work?
Jim

donnie_o8
06-05-2014, 02:12 PM
We thought about taking our u shape dinette out and replacing it with a free standing table and chairs but we don't want to loose the storage space under the bench seats..

justlkn
06-05-2014, 02:18 PM
We removed our table and replaced with a second love seat and went with TV trays also. We store them between the two love seats. I don't think you would be over loading the slides by doing that.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/06/bu5aguza.jpg

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

bucketman
06-06-2014, 05:18 AM
This is the only place in our trailer to sit, so we pulled out the U shaped dinette. (very uncomfortable) Storage really wasn't issue for us since it is just the two of us. Comfort is what we are looking for. We had this euro style chair in the house so we are going to utilize it in trailer. We are going to purchase another one soon. We were debating whether to put a love seat in but decided on this arrangement. Love seat $1000, another euro style chair $600. Money talks.

dennis and kathy
06-06-2014, 12:53 PM
we have same tt and want to do the same thing don't like dinette want either two recliners or loveseat want to know how many holes you had to fix and what you used to fix holes?"bouncey:(tx)

chartrand
06-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Do you strap the chairs down during travel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bobbecky
06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Would have been neat to install a section of pole and rig a diving board to the pole"bouncey:

bucketman
06-07-2014, 05:26 AM
we have same tt and want to do the same thing don't like dinette want either two recliners or loveseat want to know how many holes you had to fix and what you used to fix holes?"bouncey:(tx)

The holes were so small that we didn't do anything with them. You will be the only one who notices them.

bucketman
06-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Do you strap the chairs down during travel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think I will put two small Eye screws in the floor on the out side of the chairs and run a small strap hoist across them. Probably with a towel or some cushion under the strap to protect the chairs.

bucketman
06-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Would have been neat to install a section of pole and rig a diving board to the pole"bouncey:

Not quite sure where your going with that, I can only imagine

bucketman
06-07-2014, 05:41 AM
I found a guy on Ebay that will make a custom tray that will sit between the chairs. It will be large enough for two people to eat off of and it will fold up when not in use.