PDA

View Full Version : Slideout topper sugestions

Gaffer222
05-31-2014, 04:26 AM
We will be picking up our new Outback terrain 250TRS in a couple weeks. Anyone have input/suggestions on brand etc of slide topper. The TT trim is all black so I assume black topper is the way to go. Dealer says they usually use Carefree Toppers. I tried to research but not sure and would like some info from anyone with experience.

Here is a picture of the slide.

http://images.traderonline.com/img/3/dealer/4718138/112206643_3thumb_770x574.jpg

Festus2
05-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Another topper to consider is Dometic. We've had ours for 3 years now and haven't had any issues with it. The mechanism and the fabric are standing up well.

Gaffer222
06-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Anyone have black material on their slide topper? How does it hold up to the sun?

GaryWT
06-02-2014, 04:58 AM
We do have a topper but the black would just draw in the sun more making the slide a little warmer, probably not a big deal. I think black would look good on that trailer.

zuley
06-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Gaffer, don't know where home is for you. We were at Hughes RV, in Orangeville, Ontario this past weekend. We inquired about slide toppers for our 23RB. Speaking to the owner he told us they make them on site for each specific unit using bulk material cut to size. Any colour you want as long as it is white. Price was in the $350.00 range installed depended on the actual length once measured.
We will be taking our TT up to him once we get back from our vacation next week

BKDFlorida
06-03-2014, 08:20 AM
We have a 2014 Bullet with the same color scheme as you and we installed a black topper. It's brand new so I can't tell you how the black will hold up but we purchased ours with our trailer. It's a Dometic brand and I've heard good things about them so far.

Gaffer222
06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Going to make a decision tomorrow. I think I'm going with the Carefree SlideOut Kover III. Black hardware, black protective cover and white vinyl. Here is a link/picture from the Carefree website.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=product&productid=46&categoryid=38

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/cf/images/sokIII2.gif

slow
06-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Please let us know how they attach the awning rail to the sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer222
06-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Please let us know how they attach the awning rail to the sidewall.

Will do, While speaking to the Keystone rep he mentioned that this unit is prepped for a slide out cover. I should have asked but I'm not sure exactly what is done at the factory to prep it. I'm going to email the rep and ask.

J&A
06-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Interesting modification. Is it just to keep off debris from coming in the trailer? How do these toppers perform in high wind? How does one manage the flapping?

slow
06-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Will do, While speaking to the Keystone rep he mentioned that this unit is prepped for a slide out cover. I should have asked but I'm not sure exactly what is done at the factory to prep it. I'm going to email the rep and ask.

It would be great if it was preped and the rep would share what other models are now preped from Keystone.

treadlite
02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Gaffer222, It's been a while since you started this thread. Did you end up buying that topper? If so, could you give me some info on it and possible post a picture. Just bought a 250TRS and have taken it camping once so far, loving it, but I thing toppers are going to be a worth while investment. Thanks