PDA

View Full Version : Funny Wife Story

Quad
05-30-2014, 05:41 PM
So this is the first time this year we got the camper out. We are doing a little pre run down before our big trip to FL. We are staying local (about an 1.5hrs away) and we got off work and rushes out the door to get here. Setup, cooked some dogs on the grill. I say honey, I'm going to go in and get a shower real quick. She says ok ( it's just about dark) I go in and shower. I'm washing my hair and then I here the door slam open and shut. The the bathroom door as well. Then I here the scream.....Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! There is a raccoon out there by my chair and I'm not going out there!!! I was in tears laughing lol it was funny watching her all freaked out and it's not like her as I'm a avid hunter and have lots of animals around her from time to time. But never the less funny! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laidback
05-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Same thing a couple of years ago, at Endless Cavern's in VA. Only ours was a bear. Ater that I had to go and do a recon every time.

hankaye
05-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Quad, Howdy;

Should have said, in your stern voice, Honey, where are you manners???
Get our guest a drink and inquire about the neighbor hood...

hankaye

GAGirl
05-31-2014, 02:29 AM
LOL - thanks for reminding me that there are bears in Virginia!!!! We are taking the grands to DC and then down the Shenandoah Valley - gone about
three weeks and living on the coast of GA, we forget that there are bears out there - we worry about sharks, hurricanes, snakes AND rabid raccoons, but not bears (cept in North GA Mountains!) so I needed this reminder for my
grands who have only seen bears in a Zoo!!!! Thanks so much and while LOL I realized that this is a lot of the fun of camping - you just never know what to expect! Happy Trails to you.:D

hankpage
05-31-2014, 06:03 AM
Quad, Howdy;

hankaye

Hank, That stern voice may work on Rascal but if I tried that on Lynn I would be in the dog house. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1136

Carmen D
05-31-2014, 10:38 AM
We all have our fears. I'll tell on myself before my husband does. I was still in the working world and it being in a refinery, the only time one runs is if there is an emergency, i.e...fire, explosion.
On of my co-workers walks in and ask if I like bugs, I reply I have no problem with bugs. I watch as he brings his hand from behind his back and he opens his fist :eek: --Yep, I am running my butt off out of the refinery. I have one rule, if there is a roach there, I am not there. He had a roach in his hand and it was too close to me. Because my husband and I both worked in the same refinery I am still convinced that he put my co-worker up to this little dirty deed :(.
In my life I do not need roaches, bears or alligators.

Have a great weekend, Carmen

Nitka
05-31-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey, Wild Animals are a little freaky when you're not expecting them... Even if it is there Natural Environment. Here, I'll embarrass myself so your wife knows she's not alone :eek:

One time on a drive on an old one-lane forest road between the Willamette Valley and the Coast, we came across a small bear in the middle of the road. I immediately started frantically rolling up my windows. DH is laughing and asking me what the heck I'm doing... I manage to stammer on about if the baby bear is here, the mom's around somewhere. Well, DH just grins and asks what the heck do I think rolling up the windows is gonna do and then tells me it was probably not a baby, just a small bear.:rofl:

rode2nowhere
06-01-2014, 03:00 AM
raccoons I have met are very curious and will walk right up to you looking for food, I have jumped and moved away from them when they got too close for comfort......

hankaye
06-01-2014, 06:25 AM
hankpage, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
Quad, Howdy;

hankaye

Hank, That stern voice may work on Rascal but if I tried that on Lynn I would be in the dog house. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1136

Might help explain why I was married 4 times to 3 different women,
#'s 1 and 3 the infamous #2 & 4... result of "Stoopid Human trick #87 ...
"Marry the same person a second time and expect a different result" ...
NOT! :banghead:

Of course your mileage may vary ...

hankaye

Quad
06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Well the rest of our weekend went well and was uneventful. So needless to say my wife had a break from the wildlife and we got to enjoy our time out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk