PDA

View Full Version : Couch Removal Question

Poppy's 5th Wheel
05-27-2014, 10:21 AM
We are thinking of taking the couch out of the trailer for our next trip to see if we like it better without. We would then travel with one recliner on each side of the trailer and keep an air mattress just in case. I haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet but I know there are some folks that have done it and wondered how difficult it is? Does it just come right out or is there some disassembly involved?

We never use the couch that much and we are constantly moving the recliners around at night if we are in the trailer to watch TV after our campfire and those suckers are a PIA to move around and I'm always afraid I will tear up the carpet or the vinyl.

Any information would be appreciated.

hankpage
05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I am not sure that they are all the same but the back rest of ours just lifts off. You have to go straight from side to side so it is easier with two people. I have done it myself because I have been told I "Do not work well with others." Once the back slides off bungee the metal bed parts so they don't attack you when you tip it on it's front and slide it out the door. If needed the legs just screw off also. Good luck, Hank

In the photo below the metal bed is removed but you can see the wooden slots that the backrest slides into on each side.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_129193_0_19467dfbb236b886def3fdb655fc2826.jpg

Poppy's 5th Wheel
05-27-2014, 10:44 AM
I am not sure that they are all the same but the back rest of ours just lifts off. You have to go straight from side to side so it is easier with two people. I have done it myself because I have been told I "Do not work well with others." Once the back slides off bungee the metal bed parts so they don't attack you when you tip it on it's front and slide it out the door. If needed the legs just screw off also. Good luck, Hank

In the photo below the metal bed is removed but you can see the wooden slots that the backrest slides into on each side.

Even though the metal bed is gone they do look like different couches. Mine has a storage drawer in the bottom but I will still check the back for removal so good clue.

WaltBennett
05-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Even though the metal bed is gone they do look like different couches. Mine has a storage drawer in the bottom but I will still check the back for removal so good clue.

There's got to be a hundred different kinds, but they all come apart in some manner. Couldn't get them through the door otherwise. Ours has a metal frame and the back comes off, as well as the mattress frame coming out.