PDA

View Full Version : Mattress upgrade

diamondjindustries
05-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Looking to up grade my Alpine 3600 RS King mattress any ideas?

Pursuit
05-26-2014, 10:54 AM
We added a basic memory foam topper (3 inches) to our Alpine king sized mattress and we found this to work well. Bought ours at Costco (Canada)

rhagfo
05-26-2014, 01:09 PM
If it is a standard king just go to the local mattress store and get what you like!!

That is what we did for our standard size Queen.

BulletOwner1
05-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Ours was a short queen and the mattress store ordered one. Just try out the floor models till you find one you like and they should be able to order one the right size for you.

Jim Dow
05-26-2014, 04:09 PM
We were disappointed in our short queen mattress until we added the memory foam topper and a 1/2" thick piece of plywood under the mattress for improved support.

These two moves made a whole lot of improvement; and the fix was cheap.

Pentagon
05-26-2014, 04:28 PM
We added a basic memory foam topper (3 inches) to our Alpine king sized mattress and we found this to work well. Bought ours at Costco (Canada)

We did the same for our king bed in the 2013 Mountaineer , and it works fine.

bsmith0404
05-26-2014, 04:44 PM
We have gone the memory foam route and new mattress route in the past, both were good changes from the original mattress. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with a quality memory foam since it is much cheaper and has great results. Fortunately for us, the pillow top king in our Alpine is just fine and I sleep well without any back pain.

slopijom
05-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I fight with a bad back, two years ago we bout a memory foam mattress from http://mattressinsider.com/. It s was about $350 for a rv queen, and this 6" mattress is every bit as comfortable as my Temperpedic in my house. I highly reccommend it.

Koladog
05-27-2014, 01:25 PM
We did the same for our king bed in the 2013 Mountaineer , and it works fine.

Ditto for us (also a Mountaineer with king bed). Wonderful sleep.

Pmedic4
05-28-2014, 02:18 PM
While not applying to our current RV, we had a 'short' Queen mattress which was really lousy - basically 4" foam. We started looking around at the RV dealers,and the prices were fairly high based on the custom size. For our home, we had purchased mattresses from a Verlo dealer, who will make custom mattress based on your request for firmness/softness/material for the same or less than the regular mattress companies (Serta, Beautyrest, Sealy, etc.). Ended up requesting a mattress which was just like at home, just slightly longer than the short size, and it was less than the RV specialty mattresses.

I'm not sure you have Verlo locally, buy you might have a mattress company who could give you the same type of service. By the way, you can also get carried away, and spend alot of money, so not everything they have is cheaper!

estigen
06-03-2014, 07:05 AM
I bought 4" memory form topper at Walmart ii love it and it was cheap sure made a difference

pookie210
06-10-2014, 09:31 AM
We added a 4" memory foam topper to the standard queen mattress. What a difference! Bed in the fifth wheel is more comfortable than our bed in the stick house now. Some night when I can't sleep I plan to run away to the camper and sack out all by my onesies. :p

fred1609
06-13-2014, 07:52 PM
We bought the memory foam topper from Costco.....and then bought one for home.....Absolutely love it. What a difference it made.

mazboy123
06-14-2014, 05:15 AM
we just always replace the mattress, keeps it simple and I don't hit my head (much) when you rise the mattress with another 4 inches in height.:D

SkiSmuggs
06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
We bought a 9 or 10" memory foam mattress from Costco and it was fine on a 30 day camping trip. We tried a memory foam topper on the original and it wasn't enough for our princess bones, plus the fold marks never came out of it.

diamondjindustries
06-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Thank everyone for the reply. We went with the Sleep Number King Radius it is great.

grayghost03
06-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Good choice, remember two things, reduce pressure when increasing in elevation, and you will need a power supply (inverter) for those time you are not hooked up to 30 or 50 amp, or a generator. A small inverter will the job, the compressor only pull about 65 watts. We made the switch a year and a half ago, never been sorry.

GlutenFreeRV
06-27-2014, 06:42 PM
+1 for Sleep Number. We had a king sized one in our stick house. We got a queen size for the 5'ver; a good night's sleep does wonders!

sjturbo
07-03-2014, 05:41 AM
We have had memory foam toppers on our last two beds in our units and they do the trick. On our last 5er we also had a featherbed topper on top of the mem foam. That was great!