PDA

View Full Version : Andersen camper levelers 3604

wlfinch
05-24-2014, 05:14 AM
I am a total newb and have been shopping for some sort of leveling technique that is little easier than 2 x 10 boards. Does anyone here have any experience with these Andersen leveler accessories? I checked their specs and they claim to raise the level by up to 4 inches. They look really easy to use but I am concerned about their durability and the fact that they are only 6 inches wide. My Bullet tires are 205s, which means, I think, that their tread is 8 inches. Any advice would be appreciated.

JRTJH
05-24-2014, 05:30 AM
There's a recent thread about these levelers.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16488&highlight=anderson

If you decide that they are "easier to use" and buy them. I'd urge you to use extreme caution when putting the chock part under the tire. You'll be on a "curved piece of plastic with your tire elevated and subject to rolling. Any distraction could cause you to get your fingers under the tire/Anderson leveler with disasterous results. Also remember that once your RV is "rolled back" onto this and the chock portion is installed, you're going to have the full weight of the RV on the chock, so you'll have to hitch, put your tow vehicle in reverse and "back up onto the leveler" in order to pull the chock portion out from under the tire. That's another potential to have your hand in the wrong place :( Just use extreme caution and don't let your kids help with this task !!!!!

wlfinch
05-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Excellent advice and link! Thank you for both.:)