PDA

View Full Version : Please be careful...

denverpilot
05-23-2014, 06:58 PM
With the Memorial Day holiday kicking off the season for lots of campers...

Please be careful...

Colorado State Patrol says hey think this driver fell asleep. One 26 year old dead.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/24/jate2ega.jpg

TandE
05-24-2014, 01:13 PM
We just had a head on collision down the street from our house before we left that blocked our way out. 3 dead 2 critical and they think alcohol involved.

Be careful and watch out out there.

Travis

theasphaltrv'er
05-24-2014, 06:22 PM
The RV is always parked in the driveway during the major holidays. We let others have all the fun.

PT RV`er
05-25-2014, 04:12 AM
The RV is always parked in the driveway during the major holidays. We let others have all the fun.

Same here, we do the same for the boat.

jsmith948
05-25-2014, 05:38 AM
When we were working, we would be out there most every holiday. Fighting the traffic and the crowds 'having fun'. Now, we tend to stay home on the busy holiday weekends. Way less stress and hassle:)

So Cal CPA
05-26-2014, 07:41 PM
I take extra days off so we leave a little before and come home a little after all the traffic and mad rush to get out of and back in to town. scary looking crash:(

Ken / Claudia
05-26-2014, 08:27 PM
This crash happened this weekend, for real, OSP investigated it. Driver passed out from holding his breath to long going thru a tunnel and crashed. I do not know if he hurt anyone.

zrxfishing
05-27-2014, 01:54 AM
We keep the boat & camper home on holidays too. Hope that white sheet tied to the roof isn't what I think it's for! Drive safe!!

rhagfo
05-27-2014, 05:39 AM
This crash happened this weekend, for real, OSP investigated it. Driver passed out from holding his breath to long going thru a tunnel and crashed. I do not know if he hurt anyone.

Four sent to the hospital for this stupid stunt!! Traveled through that tunnel twice this last weekend!!

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-Driver-holding-breath-through-tunnel-faints-causes-3-vehicle-crash-260671691.html

GaryWT
05-27-2014, 08:19 AM
That is a shame for sure, hate to see this. Unfortunately it can happen anytime, holiday or not. We camp most or all weekends as I love getting the extra night without using a vacation day. We travelled early Friday without any traffic and left the campground at noon on Monday and surprisingly did not have any traffic on the way home. Saw about 10 or so campers on the way home.

koko
05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
We live in camper country. Literally were among a hundred+ other campers on the road, but in Wyoming the traffic is usually light all the time. We were traveling I-80 and lots of back roads. We're retired, but we go on Memorial Day weekend so that we have an extra day with our son, daughter-in-law and grands. Had a great, safe time.