PDA

View Full Version : Scream...Airstream rally

GaryWT
05-23-2014, 04:13 PM
No better way to ruin a camping weekend than to be next to an airstream rally in the group area singing really bad karaoke. This is going to be a really long weekend if this keeps up.

Ron
05-23-2014, 06:16 PM
I think I would rather hear bad vocals over barking dogs where we are, rude people for sure, what fun we are having......not...:(

hankpage
05-23-2014, 06:23 PM
It could be worse ........ It could be me singing. "bouncey: Is it possible the office could move you to a better site. I know they don't want to loose the revenue from a rally but moving you should be the least they can do. Hopefully they will respect quiet time and you get some peace. Hang in there, Hank

GaryWT
05-25-2014, 06:51 AM
Well last night they were quiet, maybe someone said something. It was just we finally got a chance to sit and rest at the fire. Hopefully tonight will be like last night, nice and quiet.

filmtex
05-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Just curious...is there really "good" karaoke? And how would you know?

hankpage
05-26-2014, 06:59 AM

Take my word for it, there may not be good karaoke, but it is much better when I am not there. :yawn:

GaryWT
05-26-2014, 04:42 PM

You got that right. Just glad the rest of the weekend was good.

Ron
05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Well our last night out was pretty enjoyable, the folks in the 2 spots near us left early, quiet once again and over all not a bad weekend, off again in 2 weeks...Happy Campin..."bouncey:

HappyCamperMN
05-27-2014, 06:25 AM
Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend!

We used our trailer for extra sleeping quarters over this weekend as we had a house full of family. The kids really enjoyed sleeping in the bunkhouse with their cousins. We're also off camping again in two weeks.

dandjh1958
05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I think this was the first year camping on Memorial day that two things happened (or didn't happen...). First, it did not pour rain the whole time (weather was partly cloudy but in the 70s) and secondly, none of our neighbors had barking dogs or screaming kids or blasting music.
The group site that was near us was fully but strangely quiet.
By 10pm most folks were either already in their trailers/tents or just sitting by their fires that were almost out.

Loved it!! Unfortunately, the week before we didn't have the luck... neighboring site was part of a large 5 space "family" reunion that spent three days drinking, laughing and then fist fighting with each other until 3am. Never going back to that campground during the local fishing tournament. (They ALWAYS come to that tourney.... 13 years straight but lately the numbers of family members are starting to dwindle they told us......I wonder why!!!)

Let the summer fun begin!!
Happy camping!!

SAABDOCTOR
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
WE got the screaming kids one little girl with " i have just been scared to death" scream went o from friday to monday and their dogs were not on leashes. so i goty to clean up after my dogs and their dogs. most of the dogs arounds didn't want to compete with the screaming meme they were quiet all week end. came home to get some rest!:cool:

filmtex
05-27-2014, 03:23 PM
Our park was packed this weekend...no karaoke though! There was a youth group (likely a church group) in the overnight area as well as a passle of o'nighters in RV's as well. But we didn't have a bit of trouble and hardly noticed any noise. All in all a very nice weekend.