PDA

View Full Version : water heater temp.

Blinky 13
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
anyone know how to adjust the temperature on the hot water-heater on a 2014 bullet? it is way to hot!!!:confused:

Festus2
05-21-2014, 02:09 PM
If it is a Suburban, you cannot adjust the water temperature - it is preset at the factory. Not sure if you can with an Atwood.

B&T
05-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Actually, with such a small hot water tank it must be hot to prevent running out of hot water in a very short time. In rv's the hot must be mixed with cold to get your desired temperature. Just a fact of RV life.

bellsharbor
05-26-2014, 04:46 PM
It does get VERY hot! As others have said, it is factory set. I haven't experienced any other problems with the water heater. Be careful!

Javi
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
The factory setting on both the Suburban and the Atwood is 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The trick to using a small tank that is set at 140` is to turn of the cold water first and then add hot until the temp is satisfactory.

07 Frontier
05-31-2014, 02:05 PM
thats 1 of the issues with my 2014 bullet (w/atwood tank).
it actually gets hot enough to cause injury!
after use, as its re-warming the water, it will creak a few times then BANG! it will do this over and over then the pressure relief valve starts dripping err pouring, ALOT! kinda like a HD marking its territory.
i took it back to the dealer a couple months ago. all they did was replace the relief valve.
so now its at the Oregon factory getting that and some other issues fixed.

Javi
05-31-2014, 02:23 PM
thats 1 of the issues with my 2014 bullet (w/atwood tank).
it actually gets hot enough to cause injury!
after use, as its re-warming the water, it will creak a few times then BANG! it will do this over and over then the pressure relief valve starts dripping err pouring, ALOT! kinda like a HD marking its territory.
i took it back to the dealer a couple months ago. all they did was replace the relief valve.
so now its at the Oregon factory getting that and some other issues fixed.

The banging and leaking valve is because you have no air space at the top of the tank...

Let it cool, drain it (remove drain plug and open safety valve) put the plug back in... before you turn the water back on, open the HW faucet furthest from the tank. Turn water back on... let tank fill until the sputtering air stops coming from the faucet and only water is coming out.... Turn faucet off... turn water back on and no more banging or leaking...

When the water gets fully hot, get a meat thermometer and a coffee cup... run hot water into the cup for 2-3 minutes to ensure that the cup has been heated to the same temp as the water... cut the hot water off and immediately place the meat thermometer into the standing cup of water.... Read temp if it is greater than 140 you may have a thermostat on the blink... It isn't difficult to replace on either brand..

If water temp is 140 everything is function as designed. And you should turn on the cold water first adding the hot until the desired temp is reached. If the thermostat was set at 110 or 120 you would be complaining that the hot water doesn't last long enough..

Another option is a tankless heater...