PDA

View Full Version : Oven in my new Sprinter 331RLS

redridinghood22
05-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Getting this new unit tomorrow...had a 2004 Rockwood...tried to use the oven in the old one several times over the years and each time it would burn whatever I put in it ...no matter what temp I used...Have there been any advancements in these ovens in the past ten years or will my new sprinter oven burn everything too???

HappyCamperMN
05-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Not sure... we're going to try some chicken nuggets in ours this weekend. I'll let you know if they turn out ok (edible) or if they end up as charcoal briquettes.

theeyres
05-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Nope. No improvements at all. It's the worst piece of equipment in a RV. We just spent the $$ to pull out the microwave and install a convection/microwave. When fulltime, once we got the convection oven, we never used the old oven. Hope to be the same in our trailer. The convection/microwave should be required in all RVs.

hoffbrew
05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Which convection/microwave did you get?

dannyk
05-20-2014, 03:41 AM
We use ours a lot, at first it would not get to set temperature as checked with a couple of oven thermometers, the older units could be adjusted, the new ones not so, being under warrantee the dealer replaced the control and all is good now.

PT RV`er
05-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Ours works quite well. The guys and I this past weekend did biscuits and gravy for breakfast several times and the oven worked great for the biscuits.

TandE
05-20-2014, 04:46 AM
I've also heard of people putting a pizza stone on the bottom of the oven to help with cooking.

But we have used ours a couple of times and has worked out okay so far.

Travis

Kristi
05-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Ours in both the passport & the new Cougar works well. A pizza stone will help if it's burning things on the bottom. Just don't leave it in the oven during travel the bouncing around will break it..... don't ask how I know.