PDA

View Full Version : Ocean City Md.

crash
05-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Anyone ever camp at Castaways in ocean city maryland.Looks like a nice place but alitte pricey:eek:

jlensi
05-20-2014, 06:29 AM
I've camped there quite a few times. One of the nicer campgrounds in my opinion. Very clean restrooms, shuttle to and from Assategue Island and Ocean City beaches and boardwalk,Private beach on bay with a bar that has live bands at night. Worth the few extra dollars if you ask me. If you have any other questions, let me know.

avidbowhunterww
05-21-2014, 05:14 AM
This is from Wesley Craft on the Keystone RV Trailers Owners Group on Facebook:

They are under new ownership/management this season which we are still trying to get a feel for. Pricing is a bit high, but you can't beat the amenities or location. Paved roads throughout, private beach + separate dog beach. Pools, etc... Not the place to stay if you want to be "in the woods" or a very quiet setting. The kids do well here, but they like Frontier Town better during the summer. It's a few miles down on the same road, same waterfront. But it has a waterpark which is included in the price of camping. FT roads are mostly gravel and narrower. It tends to flood more easily in a downpour, and has no beach to play on. Take your pick - both campgrounds are good places to stay. Both campgrounds can be the "destination" so if you want to camp near the ocean but never actually go into downtown OC (and blow cash) then you can spend the whole weekend at either park and have plenty to do.

zenbuck
05-27-2014, 11:31 AM
We are headed down for our second visit to Castaways in August.. Had a great time last year.