PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Roof Coating

yankees1
05-18-2014, 01:59 PM
I am going to apply a rubber roof coating to my Laredo. Do I apply on all the roof or just the seams ?

hankpage
05-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I think your Laredo has a one piece EPDM rubber roof. There should not be any "seams". The most important thing when coating the roof is that it must be clean first and any repairs that are needed done and all sealant in good shape. Follow the coating manufacturers directions and for all practical purposes you will have a new roof. I prefer KoolSeal which is a two step primer and then finish coat. You will have the whitest roof in the camp ground. Good luck, Hank ........................ How old is your trailer that you think it needs a coating ... the roof should be good for at least 10 years. JM2¢

yankees1
05-18-2014, 06:33 PM
I think your Laredo has a one piece EPDM rubber roof. There should not be any "seams". The most important thing when coating the roof is that it must be clean first and any repairs that are needed done and all sealant in good shape. Follow the coating manufacturers directions and for all practical purposes you will have a new roof. I prefer KoolSeal which is a two step primer and then finish coat. You will have the whitest roof in the camp ground. Good luck, Hank ........................ How old is your trailer that you think it needs a coating ... the roof should be good for at least 10 years. JM2¢ My trailer is only one year old but the dealer told me I should coat the roof every year or two at the most ! I do keep it in a shed when not in use.

hankpage
05-18-2014, 06:50 PM
I think your dealer is talking about a rubber treatment not a coating. After a good cleaning, checking and if necessary resealing vents and other openings many people recommend a UV treatment like 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.303products.com/) or similar product. If your trailer is being stored indoors regular inspection and cleaning should be more than enough. JM2¢, Hank

LittleJoe
05-19-2014, 03:57 AM
Agree with above.