PDA

View Full Version : TV hook up

trackstand
05-16-2014, 06:41 PM
I am going to install a OTA antenna up on a 20' tall pole up at Our place in Mi.
My question is I get about 5 channels just with the camper antenna now. they fade in and out depending on the weather. the new antenna will be about 10' higher up. I will run the RG6 to the hook up on the camper. how does the camper choose which line has better reception? do I have to switch something on the tv?

Thanks

GaryWT
05-17-2014, 12:12 PM
If you pick between cable and air you need to tell the tv. Between air and air I am not sure. You might need a switch if they connect at the same spot.

mazboy123
05-17-2014, 12:18 PM
interesting thought on antennas. I assume you'll just run your new antenna through your outside "cable" connection. keep amp on and see what happens.

just play with it....at worse run the antenna directly to TV

austinp
05-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Of you have a booster on your antenna remember to turn it off if you want to watch cable or satellite. It will interfere with the signal.

B&T
05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
If you have the standard Winegard antenna on your camper the antenna head contains an amplifier which is powered by the switch on the wall near your TV set. This switch actually does two things. It turns power on and off to the amplifier in the Camper antenna head and it also switches the signal going to your TV set from either the Camper antenna or the Cable input. If your new outside antenna does not have an amplifier you may or may not see an improvement in reception even thought it is higher. I assume you will be connecting the New antenna to the cable input so to get that signal to your TV set press the switch on the wall so that the Led is off. Led on=Camper Antenna, Led off=Cable input.

trackstand
05-17-2014, 05:14 PM
If you have the standard Winegard antenna on your camper the antenna head contains an amplifier which is powered by the switch on the wall near your TV set. This switch actually does two things. It turns power on and off to the amplifier in the Camper antenna head and it also switches the signal going to your TV set from either the Camper antenna or the Cable input. If your new outside antenna does not have an amplifier you may or may not see an improvement in reception even thought it is higher. I assume you will be connecting the New antenna to the cable input so to get that signal to your TV set press the switch on the wall so that the Led is off. Led on=Camper Antenna, Led off=Cable input.

Great info All..

I have not seen a switch You are talking of? :confused:

B&T
05-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Great info All..

I have not seen a switch You are talking of? :confused:

Where your TV coax connects to a plate on the wall (on main TV location) there should be a button to push (toggles LED on and off) on the plate.