PDA

View Full Version : Could this be important?

JRS514
05-16-2014, 05:49 AM
I have sent my question to direct to Bargman, who have yet to reply, so I'll ask it here.

My trailer has a 7 way Bargman plug. Each of the 7 wires is a different colour. The yellow wire has been cut off, on the harness, just before the wires enter the connector box. The yellow is designated as "Centre Auxillary"

I have not encountered anything not working properly, but just wondering if this is commonplace (a wire not generally used) or is it something I should be concerned about?:confused:

ColoChuck
05-16-2014, 06:35 AM
It looks like Bargman uses Yellow for the center conductor. The center is used for Backup Lights on some trailers. I bet your trailer doesn't have Backup lights, so it's not connected. YMMV. :)

JRTJH
05-16-2014, 06:37 AM
The yellow wire is usually reserved for back up lights. If you don't have clear color lenses on a part of your tail/brake light fixtures or separate lights for that purpose on the back of your RV, you don't have "factory backup lights". So, the factory just "snips" the yellow wire in the trailer end of the umbilical and folds it over at the trailer connection. It's not a problem and was "built that way".

hankaye
05-16-2014, 07:14 AM
JRS514, Howdy;

Here is a link to a photo of the "Standard" wireing for the plug in question.
http://www.carmate-trailers.com/custompage.asp?pg=wiring
Hope it helps.

hankaye

JRS514
05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Just checked and my 5er does not have back-up lights, so I guess that's the answer. Interesting the things you learn when you have a trailer. Thanks guys.

JRS

rhagfo
05-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Most don't, but you are one who tends to travel late or as our serfs travel in the winter, they may be a good add on.