PDA

View Full Version : Slide seal

Riverrat351
05-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Hi! I have an '05 Springdale 26BH and the seal for the slide seems to be falling off. Is it possible to use a silicone sealant to hold the seal in place so it functions correctly? Are they reasonable and easy to replace? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance for your help.

GaryWT
05-16-2014, 04:06 AM
I had a 1 foot section that would pull out when opening the slide. I pulled it down, used silicon and pushed it back in place, have not had an issue since. Do not know what it will be like if I ever have to replace it but it is good now.

JRTJH
05-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Have you considered double sided automotive trim tape? It's water-resistant, holds up well and is quite a bit easier to deal with in the future should you have to replace the seal. Once you put silicone on the place where the seal attaches, you'll have problems trying to get anything to stick there once you scrape the old silicone off and try to reattach anything else.

Riverrat351
05-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Have you considered double sided automotive trim tape? It's water-resistant, holds up well and is quite a bit easier to deal with in the future should you have to replace the seal. Once you put silicone on the place where the seal attaches, you'll have problems trying to get anything to stick there once you scrape the old silicone off and try to reattach anything else.

That sounds like a good suggestion! Thanks