PDA

View Full Version : Satelite, Dish Network, Antenna....?

LABSRUS
05-15-2014, 10:36 AM
We would like to get more than 3 channels on our TV in our seasonal camper in northern Wisconsin. What does everyone use for some type of TV reception?
We would only need it from May through October and don't need a million channels.

Thanks!

ctpd814
05-16-2014, 05:16 AM
I have Dish at home. I got an extra dish that a friend had one on his property when he bought it. I placed the dish on a tripod. I bring a receiver from home. This solved my problem for very little cost.

This is the tripod:
http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electronics/electronic-accessories/3-tv-antenna-tripod/p-1710588-c-6295.htm

and a post:

http://www.menards.com/main/galvanized-chain-link/posts-rails/1-5-8-x-6-line-post/p-1733155-c-5742.htm

and 50' of coax.

mazboy123
05-16-2014, 05:34 AM
you want to get 3 more channels??? are they nearby local stations on the edge of reception? and then only seasonal? maybe try a different antenna?

your next step would be DISH on a monthly basis, but you will get a lot of other channels too.

if you have internet then that opens up other options for you.:wlcm:

bsmith0404
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
I haven't committed to it yet, but Dish does have a good plan for RVs. You have to own or already have your own equipment and pay an initial fee, but then from there you can start and stop coverage anytime you want/need, don't remember exact numbers, but I think it was around $30 per month for the basic package and you get prorated refund for unused days if you cancel before the month is over......at least that is the way they explained it to me.

rudythegreat
05-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I am with ctpd814. I have been setting Sat. for 6 years now; my cheap Winegard dish and tri-pod never fail. We run 2 LNB lines, one for the bedroom and one for the living room. My wife goes to bed early and watches what she likes on TV. I watch FBN on the big living room set. The bedroom uses our simple receiver while the living room uses our DVR. :cool:

GAGirl
05-19-2014, 06:20 AM
We usually camp at CG's with cable when we can and especially when not close to large metro area with lots of local networks BUT, we also have a Tailgater satellite dish that we use more and more. I have a hubby and grands who love TV in the evenings and rainy days so we need all the options we can get - only downside is the satellite won't work in some areas where there is lots of tree cover or mountains that would interrupt the sat view.
Happy Trails to you!
:)

Yeti
10-08-2014, 06:57 PM
If u have direct tv u can add a reciver for 5 $ a month

chuckster57
10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
We have had Direct TV since about 2004. I have a HD DVR in the family room, a SD receiver in the bedroom and another SD in my reload room. When we go camping, I simply take one of the SD receivers with me and use my portable dish (carry out by winegard).

As I understand it, Dish offers a "pay as you go" option, and if you don't have any satellite service at your home, it may be an option worth looking into. Since your rig is parked In a seasonal spot, a tripod, properly anchored would work just fine, I use the one I have because I may not get the same "space" each time. All I do is check for southern sky and then let the dish find the satellites while I run the cable.

CHIEF MK
11-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Dish pay as you go, Winegard X2 antenna, and two 211z receivers works for us.