PDA

View Full Version : Dometic thermostat error E1

nano
05-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm getting our 2013 Cougar 333MKS ready for our first trip this year and I went to try the furnace and the thermostat flashes an "E1" error. The fan, furnace and AC will not work. I tried resetting the thermostat following the manual's instructions, but that didn't help. Our dealer (2 hours away) said to check the wiring connections at the thermostat, and at the AC (outside) since all communications run through the AC. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I am wondering if anyone has had this issue, and if it is in the AC, I have no idea what I'm looking for.

bobbecky
05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I believe the E1 code is a lack of 120 volts to the system. Either, you don't have your trailer plugged in, the breaker is off or tripped, or there is some other reason the A/C system isn't getting voltage. Don't think there is a problem with the thermostat.

nano
05-14-2014, 05:00 PM
The E1 code is lack of communication. I fixed it, though. The orange communication line that runs from the thermostat to the A/C had fallen out of the wire nut that connects it to the other orange wire. I wire nutted both orange wires back together and everything works fine now. (And I was able to acces the wires from inside, not outside on the roof.)

gearhead
05-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Same exact thing, and wire, that happened to me last month. A thousand miles from home of course. A dealer in N. Carolina fixed it free.
How you liking the 333? I've been looking at them on the internet.

nano
05-18-2014, 10:36 AM
We love it. The only thing I miss is having a bunk for ds, but everything else makes it worth while. I love all the counter space and the closet/storage right by the entry door.