PDA

View Full Version : Exterior TV Mount

syoung
05-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Has anyone put a TV mount on the exterior? I have a Passport 2920BH and wondering about exterior mounting options - if any.

davidjsimons
05-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Yes I have. It is not all that difficult. First you need to find a mount that will support you television properly and then locate a stud to mount it to. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/u7yhyguz.jpg

GaryWT
05-16-2014, 05:50 AM
I know some brands come with them, I think Outback for one. I have a tv in the outside kitchen which I love. As above find a stud and there you go. Then decide if you are going to connect cable through the wall and splice into your existing wiring or split at the pedestal and run the cable under the trailer to a splitter there. Good luck.

syoung
05-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the pic and that is about the placement I'm looking for. Brand new trailer so still learning the ropes...and my wife is a little hesitant on me drilling thru it just yet, so we'll see. Should a typical stud finder work because I can't seem to find a stud? Maybe because they are aluminum?

E597283
05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I put one on my Passport 2910bh. The mounting kit/arm came with 2 mounting brackets. One I have outside above the refrigerator vents the other in the bunkhouse. The arm stays attached to the TV but can bring the TV inside and out. Its works great but I did not want to be drilling in to the outside of my trailer so I brought it to the dealership to install.

{tpc}
05-21-2014, 12:28 PM
I put one on my Passport 2910bh. The mounting kit/arm came with 2 mounting brackets. One I have outside above the refrigerator vents the other in the bunkhouse. The arm stays attached to the TV but can bring the TV inside and out. Its works great but I did not want to be drilling in to the outside of my trailer so I brought it to the dealership to install.

I have one like this in my house for the patio. If you have wifi and a something like a neotv box, you don't even need to run cable. If the wifi is good enough and you have a slingbox...you don't even need cable at the campground!

That said, the drilling into the trailer is the only thing that's stopped me from doing this yet. I actually found a nice 12v tv that appears to have a fairly easy to remove base, that I want to get and just set it up on a table outside the trailer for the time being. Just expensive though!

E597283
05-22-2014, 08:58 AM
That said, the drilling into the trailer is the only thing that's stopped me from doing this yet. I actually found a nice 12v tv that appears to have a fairly easy to remove base, that I want to get and just set it up on a table outside the trailer for the time being. Just expensive though!

Which is why I had the dealership mount the bracket in the bunkhouse and outside. It is only a 6-8 inch square bracket that the TV "arm" slides into. The TV has a built in DVD player for those rainy days.