PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 327 RES Satellite Hookup?

Mosnowman
05-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I have an outside outlet in the same compartment as the water hookups that says "Sat Prep". I am assuming this is where you hook up your dish? Also can someone enlighten me on which wires to hook into the receiver? Any tips would be appreciated...I am going to give it all a try this weekend and thought I would ask to avoid any common mistakes. Thanks!

therink
05-14-2014, 05:39 PM
I believe my set up is the same as yours. My sat prep receptacle is coax feed directly to the main tv area in the living room. There are two coax receptacles behind my living room TV. One is for Park cable/rv OTA antenna, the other is sat prep. You will have to determine which one. Simply run a short coax cable from the sat prep receptacle to the "sat in" receptacle on your sat receiver and then run Hdmi cable from receiver to tv. That's it.
Good luck.

Mosnowman
06-08-2014, 11:57 AM
What about the bedroom and outside TV's? Is there a way thook up existing wiring to enable satellite at all outlets? It works in living room with HDMI cable but I was hoping to hook i to me bedroom tv as well?

PARAPTOR
06-08-2014, 01:10 PM
What about the bedroom and outside TV's? Is there a way thook up existing wiring to enable satellite at all outlets? It works in living room with HDMI cable but I was hoping to hook i to me bedroom tv as well?

This question was asked before try searching for satellite. If I recall others had a receiver with a coaxial output think may have been dish, and they connected that receiver output to the other wall coaxial connector behind TV which is daisy chained to the other coaxial TV connectors in the rig. Make sure your antenna booster is powered off. Do not think Directv receivers have a coaxial output. Do not recall but there may be other techniques addressed in these posts. Some have rewired to provide satellite connection to other areas beside behind main TV. Hope this helps

fred1609
06-12-2014, 10:49 AM
How did you make out sending the signal to the bedroom?

Devildogmom
06-14-2014, 06:38 AM
We have Dish Online, but the reception we get in the RV with the HDMI hookup is pretty bad. I suppose that is due to the wireless we get in the campgrounds.

Mosnowman
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
How did you make out sending the signal to the bedroom?

My Direct Receiver doesn't have a coaxial output so I was unable to make it work. I am assuming the signal may be able to run through to the bedroom but I think it will require another receiver.