PDA

View Full Version : Installing fireplace in a Cougar 318SAB

dea3851
12-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Has any body put a fireplace in the Cougar 318SAB, like under the desk area, any information would be helpful thank you for looking Don:confused:

66joej
03-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Did not see any replies to your question.
How did you make out installing a fireplace. I would interested in knowing.
We have a2011 318sab.
Thanks Joe

Pappydude
04-17-2014, 11:23 AM
I have a fireplace in my 2012 Cougar 318SAB - installed by the dealer but I had to take it out to change the cable for my living room TV due to adding satellite connections, and wanting the cable to feed from the outside. It looks like it's a relatively simple AC connection. Mine is stored where the two cabinet doors were below the TV/radio. Both doors were removed. It works great but I wish it had either a variable speed fan, or a two position switch for higher air movement.

dea3851
04-18-2014, 06:50 AM
66Joej HI I got mind installed last summer, what I did was buy a electric fireplace on sale from homedepot cost me 99.00 has two levels of heat plus two fan speeds and a remote that fit in were the desk area was, had about 2.5 in on both sides made a frame to fit fce of fireplace built a box between floor and bottom of fireplace to support it, put some cleits on the sides to mount the face plate frame to the sides with screws and to trim it off got some thin molding I liked stained to match cabinet put velcro on back of trim cause you now some day your going to have to pull it out for some reason, for the power I drilled a hole in back corner were the other power comes in for the slide power ran cord under the slide with the other cords about one foot and put a better plug on it tideraped it up good , now I run a 12 gauge power cord over to the power pole, works great and didn"t cost that much, nows the time to look for a unit that will fit good luck , email me if you have any quistions ok.