PDA

View Full Version : Springdale 5thwheel

Brett
12-02-2010, 07:57 AM
My wife and I are looking at the springdale 279fwrlssr 5thwheel. After reading some of the post on here I'm a little skeptical, but I felt the same way about my truck after reading post on a site for diesels, and it has been a great truck. Has anyone had a springdale and both good and bad issues. Thanks in advance.

moutard2
12-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Our 1st trailer was a 2008 Springdale and it was exactly what it claimed to be ... an entry level RV. It's built no better nor worse than any other trailer in it's class. As long as the specifications, floorplan, etc. meet your needs then go for it.

rwm1313
12-20-2010, 06:08 AM
The newer Springdales have more bells and whistles on them now then they did a few years ago which has driven the price up a little but they are a great straight forward trailer. For a stick and tin I would take a Springdale above the other ones out there hands down.

kingji
01-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I pretty much knew what i was buying. Our previous fifth wheel was also an entry level camper. We used it for 11 years before trading it in on the Springdale 279. I was wanting to get a more expensive model but really didn't want to spend the addition $7000-$8000 for a camper we normally use 3-4 tmes a year. I guess if we were retired and spent more time on the road it would probably be a good investment. I think if you take care of even the entry level units you'll be more that satisfied. I don't have any regrets so far..
Jimmy King

Retired_Jim
01-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Brett. We have had our 2010 Springdale travel trailer now 10 months and are extremely pleased. We bought this Keystone trailer following our older Jayco. The value added features, power jack, power stabilizers, power awning, wider slide, entertainment system, and better appliances sold us. We have camped 20 plus nights with no problems. Most recently while winterized, using shore power we have spent nights in Dec. and January with outside temps 15-20 degrees using a space heater and furnace assist with no problems. Other than a power jack replacement (under warranty) all systems are working fine. I am reading and learning about all the various maintenance and repair techniques, but so far have not needed to apply any fixes. In our pre-purchase inspection we were treated well by our local dealer and we felt they shared our interest in making sure everything from the factory was working before we took delivery. Good luck shopping.

kingji
01-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Just wondering if you purchased the Springdale 279. I used mine in January on hunting trip and was really pleased. I recently added some Bal Loc Arm landing gear supports and that really stiffened up the rocking in the camper. I think we're really going to enjoy the Springdale this year.
Jimmy King

Flyguy
01-31-2011, 05:30 AM
We just traded our TT for a 2005 Springdale 249FBH 5ver and although the only trip we have had was from the dealer to home it pulled nice and we had no trouble with sway even though the wind was blowing pretty good. I have been crawing all over it doing mods and it's quite easy to access everything on it. So far we love the trailer.