PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Quality

Blinky 13
05-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone we just bought a new 2014 272 Bullet just wondering what everyone thinks of their Bullets?

Western Traveler
05-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone we just bought a new 2014 272 Bullet just wondering what everyone thinks of their Bullets?
At this point don't concern yourself with that. Go enjoy it, after all the key word is "bought".

BTW, folks speak kindly of their Bullets here.

gwbillett
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Well we love ours!!! Can't wait for our next trip out. I just replaced all the interior lights with LEDs

filmtex
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
We have had our Bullet for over a year and have no complaints with the quality. Everything has worked as advertised. Of course we have made a few mods to better suit our style of living-tilting/adjusting tv mount and a larger/smart tv. And are working on LED lighting one fixture at a time. Otherwise, all is good and we have thoroughly enjoyed our Bullet.

GaryWT
05-12-2014, 06:10 PM
We have a Premier Bullet and friends have a Bullet, so far so good, we love ours.

RamRider
05-13-2014, 05:36 AM
ours has been a great unit, we upgraded to LED lighting, 24 inch LG TV and Jacks antenna. Over 50% of our nights out have been dry-camping.

Enjoy yours!

EcoBullet
05-13-2014, 06:47 AM
We had a 2011 286QBS. The clothes rod in the bunkhouse closet fell down, due to very short staples holding it up. Gorilla Glued it back and all was well. Now have a Premier 22RB and can't find anything to complain about so far, except the microwave is up so high my wife has to use a stool to reach it.

All in all, I'm pretty happy.

Enjoy your Bullet!

Mommessy
05-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Recently purchased a used 2011 a Premier Bullet, the small 23 ft one. So far so good. Love it! Everything about it is quality.

dougjoliefrey
05-28-2014, 05:00 AM
We just got our 2015 Bullut 308BHS in April. It was a 7.5 hour drive home from the dealer. We spent our first long weekend in the camper. So far we've expereinced a few more than expected issues.
1. Propone tank tray bolts - 3 of the 4 heads broke off
2. Mini fridge (empty) in outside kitchen put hole in shelf it sits on
3. Cowling over tires on slide out came loose
4. Bathroom sink drain pipe shattered under sink
5. Had to re-seal crack between diamond plate and front of trailer

I'll say I'm a bit disappointed but Value for what I payed for the trailer is still good. I hope these initial bumps in the road are over quickly and we're in for a long life time of camping weekends.

Good Luck and enjoy!

zenbuck
05-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Going on our second year with our Premier Bullet.. So far so good.. "bouncey:

bellsharbor
05-28-2014, 06:54 AM
We just got back from spending the winter (4 months) in our Bullet248. We are very pleased with how it is put together. I also replace all the bolts holding on the propane tanks---please check yours. We also replaced the mattress with an innerspring pillow top.

If anyone has found another TV mount for the 22" TV attached to the upper cabinet, that will allow you to tilt it down, please let me know.

Enjoy! Happy travels!

cinscope
05-29-2014, 07:11 PM
We love our Bullet 278RLS. I'll bet you will love yours, too. Happy traveling!

Razor303
05-30-2014, 09:35 PM
We bought a 2014 Bullet Premier 33BHPR in October of 2013, The only problems we had with it was in the bedroom the trim piece was not installed on the vertical part of the bed frame and the fitting for the black water wash out was loose and sprayed water all over the bathroom sink cabinet. Other than that we have had no issues. We love our Bullet and can hardly wait to use it again.

Woodsrider
05-31-2014, 08:36 PM
We haven't had a single problem with our '14 230BH we purchased three weeks after our friends purchased a 2013 212 with an outside kitchen. They on the other hand, have a trailer that should have gone back to the factory.
Warped closet doors, bulges in a wall, trim coming off... I have a hard time believing they both came off the same assembly line, they are night and day different as far as fit and finish, and had I seen all the things wrong with theirs before I purchased ours, I probably would have bought a different trailer. I'm glad I didn't!

rgnmgr
06-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Just completed a 4k round trip with 4 adults from Austin to Utah National Parks, Colorado, and New Mexico. Towed with 2014 Ram 1500, hemi, 8 spd, 3.92 rear end. Trailer: other than a few minor issues (loose screws on one fender cowling, one window knob came loose, one tail light burned out, gas water heater fuse blew) we had no major problems or complaints. We traveled/camped through rain, snow, sun, and mountains.

Some additions/modifications: moved 24" tv to bed area: installed 32" smart tv, jacked tv audio to speakers, added 4 towel rack to bath, added grab bar to screen door, installed battery cutoff switch, replaced mechanical front jack with electric jack (a must), carried electric drill for raising/lowering stabilizers, added 2 1/2" gel mattress toppers to all beds, removed side curtain panels from dinette area (creates more usable room at table), added extension cord to bunk areas since plugs are inconveniently located, used clip on fans in bunk areas.
Plan to add rear grab bar, change light fixture over dinette (keep hitting heads), may add awning over slide-out.
All in all, we are pleased with our new trailer and plan more travel in the near future.

I.plod
06-05-2014, 08:47 AM
We bought a 230 BHS in April and have been without an exception, thrilled with the camper quality. :)

It's been through torrential rains and steady winds with no leaks. It tows like a champ behind a Tundra. We walk like elephants and it doesn't rock. The refrigerator cools quickly on propane or electric. We sleep like the dead on that mattress. Maybe we stay up too late...

There was a chunk of Styrofoam in the black water tank valve that lead to a small leak, but I think that has passed through the system now. Small leak = 1 TSP of liquid when I took off the sewer cap after 5 days of camping. I don't consider that an issue.

She's a keeper!

Valover
06-05-2014, 10:32 AM
We have the 2011 28RLS Premier Bullet. We bought it new towards the end of 2011 so this is our third summer with it. We have been extremely happy with it. This season we removed the u-shaped dinette and replaced it with a table and chairs. I think we're going to be happy with the change. Enjoy your TT and stay safe.

Seth
06-27-2014, 01:05 PM
We bought our 2013 last year and have been relatively happy with it. There have been some issues but nothing that we haven't worked through. Enjoy!

Linda A
07-20-2014, 06:23 PM
We bought our 2014 Premier 34 bhpr this spring and totally love it! We havent done anything extra to it because it already has everything we wanted. We really looked at a LOT of TT's before chosing this one. The bed is comfortable without us adding a topper, super spacious with the island kitchen, hubby loves the 42 "tv. I am in love with the outdoor kitchen.

Hashmark Johnny
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM
We bought our 2014 Bullet 272BHS over Memorial Day weekend and just love it! We took it on two close to home weekend camping trips (approx hr drive from home each) to work out any bugs.We then took it from OH to Yellowstone National Park just last month. We put on over 3500mi during that trip alone. We have had zero problems with the quality at all.

Of course after living in it for a bit we made some minor mods like additional towel rack for the bathroom and dishcloth bar in the kitchen area. All said we have spent 21 days in it so far and have another few small trips then on to Niagara Falls for the Labor day Weekend. We couldn't be more thrilled with our Bullet!!!

SGardiner
08-16-2014, 04:35 AM
For an entry level trailer we are satisfied with it so far. A few minor issues, but nothing that makes us regret our decision.

Topglock
09-03-2014, 04:36 PM
We bought our 2014 Bullet 272BHS over Memorial Day weekend and just love it! We took it on two close to home weekend camping trips (approx hr drive from home each) to work out any bugs.We then took it from OH to Yellowstone National Park just last month. We put on over 3500mi during that trip alone. We have had zero problems with the quality at all.

Of course after living in it for a bit we made some minor mods like additional towel rack for the bathroom and dishcloth bar in the kitchen area. All said we have spent 21 days in it so far and have another few small trips then on to Niagara Falls for the Labor day Weekend. We couldn't be more thrilled with our Bullet!!!

You didn't happen to buy your Bullet from All American Coach did you?

rgnmgr
09-07-2014, 06:56 AM
We got our Bullet in Feb. - love it! Like others, we have moved the TV to the bedroom, added 32" in its place. Added gel toppers to all the beds. Reversed the closures on the bedroom curtains to reduce the light. Slightly propped up the couch in the front so you don't slide off. Added extension cord and clip on fans for the bunk areas. Added or modified cabinet and storage areas.
Our first trip was 3,000 miles which included another couple who stayed in the bunks. Great time!
Fall trips planned. We cannot wait to get back out in our unit."bouncey:

Bulletproof
09-23-2014, 06:44 PM
We love our Bullet. Bought it used so any issues have been because of lack of maintenance by previous owner.

Flabbytax
09-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Well we love ours!!! Can't wait for our next trip out. I just replaced all the interior lights with LEDs

We're they the puck lights? If so how much did it cost to replace them? We have 10 puck lights in our premier 32BHPR. I read that the normal bulbs use 47watts versus like 13 for the LEDS.

We had to rebuild our bunks in our 13' 32BHPR. The craftsmanship was horrible. They had over a foot gap in some spots so we reinforced it. The Luan is cheap and we will be replacing that as we keep breaking through.

cospilot
01-30-2015, 01:00 PM
hello everyone, this is our FIRST camper. and we got a 2014 Bullet Premiere 32BHPR I got this camper because as new to the RV scene we aren't totally sure how we are going to feel about camping just yet. I know we pretty much jumped in with both feet on this purchase but we were offered 31k from a dealer in Longmont Colorado for a 2015. I decided we would wait till spring. but I came across a brand new 2014 model in WI from a dealer who was switching from keystone to Heart land.
as a result we got our unit for 23,000 brand new+ tax.
it cost me 500 in fuel to pull it home to Colorado.
my feeling is that we got such a good deal that if we decide on a new camper or just sell it, I am not going to get hurt too bad on resale value.
it just felt like too good of a deal to pass up.

so I've been upgrading the electronics. I got rid of the junk iRV radio and went with a Jensen and HDMI output. added a sound bar and subwoofer and am in the process of getting the HDMI signal to the outdoor TV.
upgraded all the Lights to LED.

we got to camp in it one night on the way home in a walmart parking lot. watched a movie and brought a portable generator with us for power to use the microwave and such.
had a great time in it for a few hours, slept and hit the road again.
so far so good. haven't been able to use anything but the heater (winterized) but it was comfy to sleep in except for the mattress.
have to get that replaced asap!

anyway, happy to be here and getting stated on camping adventures.

smokeater
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM
We have a 2014 Premier 30 REPR and love it. The only issue I have with the quality is the slideout on the door side is not square. The external seal on the rear section doesn't touch the slideout at the upper portion. The dealer looked at it and said it is a defect from the factory and there was nothing that can be done but made a note in case of a future problem..............................

michael_h
01-30-2015, 09:54 PM
We have the 19 foot Premier by Bullet and have had some troubles with it over the last couple years but they were all warranty issues. So far so good

Bowhunter
01-31-2015, 01:44 PM
We have a 2014 32bhpr as well. We love ours. Had our last camper for 10 years and love our new upgrade. If you never camped before, you won't realize, but I am sure you will enjoy a few features of your new camper like the large awning, the outdoor kitchen, a bathroom you can actually dry off in, having a shower door instead of a curtain, an enormous amount of indoor and outdoor storage, a large bedroom entrance, two bathroom doors, larger outdoor storage doors, and larger refrigerator. You may find these qualities in other campers, but hard to find all in one. The frame less tinted windows and front fiberglass cap are also worth mentioning. Everyone has specifics in what they like in a camper, but we love the features of ours. No issues after one season of regular use ( 7 trips). My only complaint is that they put the black water flush connection on the wrong side of the camper. Nothing an extra hose with quick connect can't ease. We converted our indoor lights to led which was a great modification. I hope you enjoy your camper, I know we love ours!

Bowhunter
01-31-2015, 02:04 PM
Curious where in WI cospilot bought your camper and just want to add a suggestion since you are new to camping. We have three kids that are now 21, 19, and 16. We started with our 1st camper back in 2004. We write down every night we sleep in the camper from sleeping in the driveway when we 1st got it in a journal. We log the date, campground, site #, and details of our adventures every night. After 11 years of doing this, it is amazing what you forget until you read it again. We document all the fun and frustrations. It is something we will make sure our kids all get a copy of when they get older so they remember the good times we spent as a family. It is amazing how fast they grew and quickly life passes. It is wonderful to capture some of this so it is never forgotten. Best wishes and happy camping!

cospilot
02-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Curious where in WI cospilot bought your camper and just want to add a suggestion since you are new to camping. We have three kids that are now 21, 19, and 16. We started with our 1st camper back in 2004. We write down every night we sleep in the camper from sleeping in the driveway when we 1st got it in a journal. We log the date, campground, site #, and details of our adventures every night. After 11 years of doing this, it is amazing what you forget until you read it again. We document all the fun and frustrations. It is something we will make sure our kids all get a copy of when they get older so they remember the good times we spent as a family. It is amazing how fast they grew and quickly life passes. It is wonderful to capture some of this so it is never forgotten. Best wishes and happy camping!

We got it at Quiet woods RV in Sturgeon bay. I found their ad on ebay for the unit which was at 12,000 and 21 hours remaining. as the auction ended we had already managed to get financing together at our local credit union and 2 more bids came in bringing it to 12,400 but it did not meet the reserve. they informed me their reserve was 23k and the rest was history.

Shadowcats
02-03-2015, 03:48 PM
We bought our Bullet 310BHS last year and we love it. Bought it in Michigan and brought it back to Colorado. Have already camped at 10,000 feet several times. Have made some mods like solar, ladder for the bunk, a shelf here and there and towel bars. We prefer a self-inflate mattress which works well for us. Have had the daughter/husband and 2 grandkids, plus two large German Shepherds along with Mom and I - we did great with lots of room. Workmanship and materials could have been better, but the price was certainly right. We're really happy with it...so much bigger than our last camper.

Bowhunter
02-03-2015, 07:34 PM
We got it at Quiet woods RV in Sturgeon bay. I found their ad on ebay for the unit which was at 12,000 and 21 hours remaining. as the auction ended we had already managed to get financing together at our local credit union and 2 more bids came in bringing it to 12,400 but it did not meet the reserve. they informed me their reserve was 23k and the rest was history.

We bought our 32BHPR from them as well on Labor Day 2013. You got a good deal. We paid $26,000. I knew they stopped carrying the Keystones and wondered if that is where you got yours. We camped about 7 trips this last year and really enjoy ours. A definite upgrade from our Springdale. We hope you enjoy yours. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

cospilot
02-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. Laurie told me they had just sold another unit a couple days earlier for 26k and being new to the market I felt this was too good to pass up.
What's more, in colorado I gave a local dealer the chance to see how close they could get. They said that price was about 2500 below their actual cost because of the shipping cost to colorado.
So if that is true, I felt it was well worth it to make the drive.
I'm self employed so getting time off was absolutely no problem. But 2550 miles in 3 days was a lot of driving! I don't know how we passed the time!
I feel that if the 32bhpr is not for us I'll be in a great position to get something else.

I'll be installing the awning lights this weekend. Also installing some air bag helper springs on my 2014 GMC SIERRA 1500 with 6.2l supercharged engine (624 hp. 600 tq)
It's got plenty of power but I need to level it out a bit. They also sold me a husky centerline WD hitch to tow with. I need to put a little more weight on the rear axel as the monster torque tends to spin the tires in low gears and my headlights are a little high. This should solve both problems I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhunter
02-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Let me know how you like your awning lights. Curious how you get power to them and what brand you put in. I have considered doing this upgrade myself, but was not sure where to tap into the power.

cospilot
02-08-2015, 05:41 AM
I just installed them yesterday along with a complete undercarriage lighting (I call them docking lights) I ran my wire down to the porch light. I bought a roll of RGB LED wire 4 conductor and extended the connection at the end of the strip. It lays flat against the side of the camper, down to the porch light. I filed a small notch at the top of the porch light so it can fit behind the light and still sit flush against the wall.
It follows the path of the porch light wire and into the compartment behind the control panel. The control panel is loaded with 12 volt circuits. I ditched the power supply that came with the strip and tapped into 12 volts at the panel. Installed a new switch at the panel to cut power to the strip controller.
Then cut the IR sensor wire and extended it through the same path back to the porch light and drilled a hole in the back of the porch light fixture so the sensor now resides inside the porch light lens protected from elements and easy view of the remote controller..
I used white silicone to hide and adhere the extension wire to the side of the camper for the 6 or so inches it had to go to get to the porch light.
As others have mentioned I don't know how good the 2 sided adhesive is to hold the strip in place. I bought 2 rolls of tape to attach the docking lights to the underside frame rails which holds so well, if you try to remove the strip lighting it will pull the adhesive strip that came with the light away from the strip leaving it attached to my new strip of 2 sided tape.
So the solution is if it comes down I'll have to remove it and stick it to a new 2 sided tape.
If your interested, the undercarriage lights help me to guide the RV when backing up at night, dumping stations and when jacking the leveling jacks. Makes working under the unit at night a breeze and it looks pretty cool too!
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/0221e62998070f3592ba53f8aecfbe23.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/a80918002e48417f8cbe70b091fb660b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/1ebcf3f6957d46c31720840950cee33b.jpg

The docking lights are controlled by the docking light switch on the tongue jack, I tapped into the switch that turns on the LED docking light.
In total there are 1200 lights under the trailer and 300 on the awning

Bowhunter
02-08-2015, 09:07 PM
I just installed them yesterday along with a complete undercarriage lighting (I call them docking lights) I ran my wire down to the porch light. I bought a roll of RGB LED wire 4 conductor and extended the connection at the end of the strip. It lays flat against the side of the camper, down to the porch light. I filed a small notch at the top of the porch light so it can fit behind the light and still sit flush against the wall.
It follows the path of the porch light wire and into the compartment behind the control panel. The control panel is loaded with 12 volt circuits. I ditched the power supply that came with the strip and tapped into 12 volts at the panel. Installed a new switch at the panel to cut power to the strip controller.
Then cut the IR sensor wire and extended it through the same path back to the porch light and drilled a hole in the back of the porch light fixture so the sensor now resides inside the porch light lens protected from elements and easy view of the remote controller..
I used white silicone to hide and adhere the extension wire to the side of the camper for the 6 or so inches it had to go to get to the porch light.
As others have mentioned I don't know how good the 2 sided adhesive is to hold the strip in place. I bought 2 rolls of tape to attach the docking lights to the underside frame rails which holds so well, if you try to remove the strip lighting it will pull the adhesive strip that came with the light away from the strip leaving it attached to my new strip of 2 sided tape.
So the solution is if it comes down I'll have to remove it and stick it to a new 2 sided tape.
If your interested, the undercarriage lights help me to guide the RV when backing up at night, dumping stations and when jacking the leveling jacks. Makes working under the unit at night a breeze and it looks pretty cool too!
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/0221e62998070f3592ba53f8aecfbe23.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/a80918002e48417f8cbe70b091fb660b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/08/1ebcf3f6957d46c31720840950cee33b.jpg

The docking lights are controlled by the docking light switch on the tongue jack, I tapped into the switch that turns on the LED docking light.
In total there are 1200 lights under the trailer and 300 on the awning

Looks awesome! Looks like you did a really nice job! Thanks for the input and the pics! I will definitely be looking at doing this this summer. Just too cold to mess with at this time here. Thanks again! Enjoy!

cospilot
02-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Happy to help, it was 70 degrees here in colorado today and it hit 75 yesterday! Got to love colorado, expecting snow Wednesday! Grr! Only thing bad about having weather like this is the reality winter still ain't over yet! It's like being teased!

larrylt2
02-24-2015, 09:18 AM
My wife and I purchased our Bullet 251RBS in June 2014. In the course of the several camping trips, we remain very satisfied with our purchase. I do recommend purchasing the extended warranty, however.

A previous post reported losing the fender skirt on the drivers side slide out. The same happened to us last October. The skirt is attached with self tapping screws instead of pop rivets. Obviously this is a manufacturing issue since screws are quicker to install, but they come loose when traveling. The dealer replaced the skirt, but again used screws. In the meantime, I replaced the screws on the passenger's side with pop rivets to see which attachment is better. I think I know.

On our first outing, we were annoyed that the stove did not have electronic ignition. This is simply Keystone trying to cut costs. At least, Keystone should allow for a dealer install option. Using matches or a striker is an inconvenience.

Another problem is the location of the smoke alarm on the ceiling near the cabinets above the stove. Almost every time we prepared eggs and bacon, the alarm would notify our neighboring campers that breakfast was almost ready. So, I moved the smoke alarm to the bedroom and filled the holes.

Finally, the sink is actually too large. It blocks movement through the camper when the sofa bed is in use. This is a design issue and should be resolved in future models.

One other issue is the rear exterior gas connection. The factory installed the line up against the frame making attaching the gas hose to the quick-connect nearly impossible. Also, the gas pressure on our unit is very low at this point making the connection useless. Hopefully our dealer can resolve this problem.

We purchased this unit because of the reputation of Keystone, floor plan, and weight (just under 7000). It tows perfectly with our 2011 GMC Denali.

JRTJH
02-24-2015, 09:49 AM
My wife and I purchased our Bullet 251RBS in June 2014. In the course of the several camping trips, we remain very satisfied with our purchase. I do recommend purchasing the extended warranty, however.

A previous post reported losing the fender skirt on the drivers side slide out. The same happened to us last October. The skirt is attached with self tapping screws instead of pop rivets. Obviously this is a manufacturing issue since screws are quicker to install, but they come loose when traveling. The dealer replaced the skirt, but again used screws. In the meantime, I replaced the screws on the passenger's side with pop rivets to see which attachment is better. I think I know.

On our first outing, we were annoyed that the stove did not have electronic ignition. This is simply Keystone trying to cut costs. At least, Keystone should allow for a dealer install option. Using matches or a striker is an inconvenience.

Another problem is the location of the smoke alarm on the ceiling near the cabinets above the stove. Almost every time we prepared eggs and bacon, the alarm would notify our neighboring campers that breakfast was almost ready. So, I moved the smoke alarm to the bedroom and filled the holes.

Finally, the sink is actually too large. It blocks movement through the camper when the sofa bed is in use. This is a design issue and should be resolved in future models.

One other issue is the rear exterior gas connection. The factory installed the line up against the frame making attaching the gas hose to the quick-connect nearly impossible. Also, the gas pressure on our unit is very low at this point making the connection useless. Hopefully our dealer can resolve this problem.

We purchased this unit because of the reputation of Keystone, floor plan, and weight (just under 7000). It tows perfectly with our 2011 GMC Denali.

One of the most frequent issues with the plastic fender skirts on all RV's is cracking from the screw-hole to the edge of the skirt. A number of owners have reported significant problems with this method of attachment. One of the problems reported seems to be that if the screws are tightened too much, when the weather gets cold and the trailer is towed, the flexing will crack the skirts at the "too tight screws". One of the ways members have solved the problem is to put rubber washers under the screwhead or to remove the screw, put silicone in the hole and tighten the screw just enough to allow the silicone to seal and harden, keeping the screw from backing out. You might want to watch your pop-rivets carefully. If they are applying too much pressure on the plastic skirt, once you tow in cold weather for a season or two, you may find damage and cracking at the "too tight" fasteners.

larrylt2
02-24-2015, 12:00 PM
This is good to know. I will keep my eyes for any cracking on the tighter pop rivets.

larrylt2
02-24-2015, 12:25 PM
One of our quality issues with our 251RBS Bullet is the construction of the entertainment center. The TV is mounted on a small (but large enough) articulating arm mount. There is a grommeted hole leading up to the electric outlet in the cabinet above the TV. However, there are no grommeted holes in the shelves in the cabinet above or below the TV. I have added a satellite radio and needed to run the electric connection to the cabinet above the TV and the antenna connection to the top cabinet. I had to drill holes in the shelves in order to do this. Any entertainment center has holes already in each shelf or in the back of each shelf to allow owners to install other electronics in the center. Camper manufacturers should order entertainment centers with access holes already included in the construction.

B-O-B'03
02-24-2015, 02:17 PM
I just picked up our 2014 Premier 22RBPR, from a dealer that was 5 + hours away, last Friday. So far the only issue I have noticed is a support for one of the shelves under the kitchen sink has come loose in one corner.

None of the local dealers had any 2014s left and they wanted ~$6K more for the 2015s they had in stock.

This thing is a far cry from the 1995 Starcraft popup that we had for 10+ years, in quality and features... Look Ma a real bathroom, with a toilet and shower. pressurized hot water to boot.

It had all the features we were looking for and since it is jut the 2 of now... it is the prefect size.

I was surprised the ceiling lighting already had LED pucks in the fixtures and plan on replacing all the bulbs with LEDs as well. We did a lot of dry camping in the popup, but I think it will be a lot less rustic in this beauty.

I am pulling together a list of mods I need/want to do and look forward to leaning on the collective here.

Thanks,

-Brian

jeffrobh
02-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Ordered a premier 26rb and was wondering about roof access since no ladder is attached. Called keystone and they said your not even suppose to walk on the roof Without additional support. What sheeting does it have.

RFM
03-26-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi, I found how to go on the roof without ladder, but I am light weight 162 lb.
I would not suggest to big boys.

However, here is how I do it,
I put my first feet on the grabe bar, the second feet on the top of the bar, then my nee on the kitchen extention, then feet on the roof.

When walking on roof, go slowly and walk on the studs, you can feel it on the roof when your not on the stud, it tends to be a bit week.

Dooley64
04-02-2015, 05:14 PM
We have 2014 Bullet Premier. Replaced end cap -cracked. The drawers and door in trailer didn't close right. The ceiling straps coming loose. Trim in bedroom above the bed is warped. Also fixed sewer pipe strap under trailer never connected. Had the underbelly resealed, they missed a lot of spots.
Must of been made on Monday. I love the trailer, just a lot of little things
needed fixed. Plus you think if you spent $30,000 + you would get more than a
1 year warranty. If I spent that on a car, I would have a 5 year warranty.

B-O-B'03
04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I also posted this in a furnace issue thread, because I started with my furnace not working and as I dug deeper, I found out why.

We are leaving, for our inaugural trip, next Saturday 4/18/2015 and I have been poking around in the camper for the last week or so, checking things out and getting it ready.

A cold front blew through, last night and I decided to check out the furnace, since it was cool out, turned it on, the fan came on, a few seconds later I heard the burner light and then it went off a few seconds after that. It did that 2 more times and quit.

I ran the hot tap, in the kitchen sink to get the water heater to cycle, just to make sure I had gas and after the water heater fired up I went out side to look around.

I noticed water coming out from the floor at the edge of the coach, right under the furnace so went back inside and took the panel off.

The sink drain pipe runs above the furnace and ties into a vent pipe (I think) and then ties to the pipe from the lav in the bath and goes through the floor.

I could see the outside outlet opening would give me a view of the pipe, so I removed the outlet and found the bozo that cut the hole for the outlet cut the drain pipe too

I suppose this is the Keystone "quality" I keep hearing about

Now I need to decide how to fix this, so we can at least use the sink on our trip and just hope the furnace will start working again, after it dries out.

-Brian