PDA

View Full Version : Space under sofa mod Springdale 282

wallet14
05-11-2014, 06:03 PM
So we realized that keystone blocked off EMPTY space under our sofa (see picture 1). We removed the brackets (which are attached by screws from under the sofa - must have been assembled prior to placement in the unit) and I pulled the fabric back and trimmed the board slightly so it wasn't too tight a fit when I attach it as a front to the drawer. Next I built a box to nearly maximum depth and width (leaving a little space at the rear for the cord for the air matress) and put furniture sliders on the bottom so I didn't have the hassle of drawer slides. Then I attached woodspacers to the old covering on the front to prevent the bottom of the drawer from being overly visible ( I used screws and liquid nails). I then attached the drawer to the spacers with liquid nails and screws. Finally, I added some black duct tape across the front bottom edge of the drawer (slightly visible in the last picture). The duct tape is important as it is a good quality indicator :rolleyes: and this also hides the bottom of the drawer. Tomorrow I will be adding velcro to hold the drawer closed during transportation. I was very happy with how this turned out as this has added substantial storage space in a totally unused area.

theeyres
05-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Very nice mod. Looks professional and sure adds some storage space.

mikereidjr
05-12-2014, 10:11 AM
I have that same couch...... Hmmmmm

wallet14
05-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I have that same couch..... Hmmmmm

You mean Keystone left tons of unused storage space in your camper too! :banghead:

homer3
05-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Nice work, Funny that Keystone would do this. Similar storage already built in to under couch on Cougar 327 RS

robo
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
You mean Keystone left tons of unused storage space in your camper too! :banghead:

Lol lets see sofa bed rear sofa below and above fridge. Just spice racks or gallons of water storage

LuvsPalmTrees
05-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice job - we already had the storage under the couch in the Laredo 294RK. Love it. I did find storage under the rear cushion on the U-Shaped dinette. Did not even know it was there till last fall when I was storing the blankets because they had to fix our sofa. Instead of leaving the entire trailer we just left the sofa.