PDA

View Full Version : Champion releases 3100i with wireless remote start

unyalli
05-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Supergen Products (http://supergenproducts.com/shop/3100w-inverter-wireless/#lightbox/0/)

http://supergenproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/75537i_Buty_2-27-14_Low-Res.jpg

-Jeff

f6bits
05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Darn them! If I didn't already own a Yamaha 2000, I'd run out and buy one of these bigger Champions. Then I'd do some summer boon docking. Need to think of a way to pitch this to my wife. Happy Mother's Day?

Bushman512000
05-14-2014, 10:05 AM
I got a 3000 Honda and hate going out every 12 hours to start it or refuel it that takes so much time...But know what I have had the Honda for almost 12 years and installed a new battery just 2 years ago and Oil change every spring and fall lol think the Champ will last that long? I like Red and have a 1000 its red also yep no remote start there tip to You run a good oil and use syn. after brake in it is well worth the extra $$$ Bushman said that:D

unyalli
05-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I got a 3000 Honda and hate going out every 12 hours to start it or refuel it that takes so much time...But know what I have had the Honda for almost 12 years and installed a new battery just 2 years ago and Oil change every spring and fall lol think the Champ will last that long? I like Red and have a 1000 its red also yep no remote start there tip to You run a good oil and use syn. after brake in it is well worth the extra $$$ Bushman said that:D

What's your point? Un said that.

-Jeff

davidjsimons
05-16-2014, 04:55 AM
Is it enough to power the entire RV on its own?

f6bits
05-16-2014, 05:09 AM
I guess the point is that for double the price, the Honda will probably last twice as long. Time will tell.

-Jeff

bucketman
06-03-2014, 12:50 PM
I bought one this winter on sale for $799 at a local Farm and Fleet. Just tried it yesterday in the driveway, I put a quarter gallon of gas in it just to see if it would run the 15k air. The a/c started so I turned on the refrigerator, water heater, and tv. It ran for 1hr before I ran out of gas. At that rate I will have to fill the tank ever 6 hrs. It was in the eighties that day. I'm not sure if it will do the job when it gets in the nineties. I will find out later this month when I take it boon docking. If it does well, it will be a bargain.

Essness
06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
I bought one this winter on sale for $799 at a local Farm and Fleet. Just tried it yesterday in the driveway, I put a quarter gallon of gas in it just to see if it would run the 15k air. The a/c started so I turned on the refrigerator, water heater, and tv. It ran for 1hr before I ran out of gas. At that rate I will have to fill the tank ever 6 hrs. It was in the eighties that day. I'm not sure if it will do the job when it gets in the nineties. I will find out later this month when I take it boon docking. If it does well, it will be a bargain.

Run the water heater and fridge on gas when you're boondocking to extend your generators fuel.

WaltBennett
06-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Used two ganged Yamaha 2400's to run our Montana's 15k AC and made coffee while it was running last year, so I'll bet a single 3100 watt gen will do the same - it's got a 30 amp plug on it, and that's all the power you really need.

Bluewater
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I believe you can now have the new remote start kit installed on your Honda 3000. I have it on mine and just love it.

f6bits
06-06-2014, 07:13 PM
I just looked and compared the specs. This is an extra $100, which is nice, but it's also an extra 20 or so lbs. I'm pretty sure I can heft the pull-start one into the back of my truck on my own, but probably not this heavier one.

Marcusjolaine
07-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Bought mine for $1100 delivered. Has enough power for a 13,500 btu AC and can run the microwave at the same time. It's light and quiet and am very pleased with the quality. Love getting up in the morning and using the remote w/out leaving the trl. to make my morning coffee. I would highly recommend this generator.

Desert185
07-12-2014, 10:41 PM
We decided on two, 2000W paralleled together. Just running one will charge the batteries, power the micro and the coffee maker, while burning less gas. $1198 at Costco for both 47#, Smarter Tools, Yamaha powered gens. 51dB on low is pretty quiet, too.

Have to admit that the remote start would be nice, but life is a compromise and I could use the handiness of a single 2000W at times.

Bushman512000
07-13-2014, 12:32 AM

-Jeff

You will clue in after the Champ Dies remote and all lol sorry but get what You pay for Bushman

Bushman512000
07-13-2014, 12:49 AM
I believe you can now have the new remote start kit installed on your Honda 3000. I have it on mine and just love it.

I hear they have a remote start out there where did You get it? I would check it out and if I ever run this old Honda out to the grave I would buy a Honda with a remote for the wife She thinks We are old now and need all the help We can get LOL But I fuel the red rig every day so I am out side to start it any way .Last winter going south We hit snow and ran the elect heat all night for the first night out 12 hours non stop refilled the fuel at day light and had to shut down for 5 min. and I also check the oil after all the Honda is almost 10 years old ...still uses no oil get that service from a yellow jacket You hope I know I have done it with the Red one Bushman

bucketman
07-13-2014, 04:30 AM
You will clue in after the Champ Dies remote and all lol sorry but get what You pay for BushmanWill get back to you in 12 years and let you know how my Champion is doing.

Bushman512000
07-13-2014, 07:55 AM
If You and I live that long I will Buy the Beer if Your Gen is still running K ..I hope My Honda is also still running 12 years I may not need it then. I sweat at night thinking of that lol Have a good day...Bushman :D

Bluewater
07-13-2014, 08:00 AM

Bushman.. You can now add the remote start to your Honda. I have it and wouldn't do without it. Call your dealer to see.

bucketman
07-13-2014, 09:23 AM
If You and I live that long I will Buy the Beer if Your Gen is still running K ..I hope My Honda is also still running 12 years I may not need it then. I sweat at night thinking of that lol Have a good day...Bushman :DOk, It's a date. I love free beer.