PDA

View Full Version : Got rid of that crappy uncomfortable sleeper sofa

Ky81538
05-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi all,
Since we really didn't use the sleeper sofa and it was pretty uncomfortable, we got rid of it and put in our reclining loveseat it. One of the best things we've done. Anyone else done something like this?

GMcKenzie
05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm looking to. How easy is it to get something through the door?

fla-gypsy
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM
My concern is how to fit stuff through the small doors

Festus2
05-10-2014, 09:08 PM
My concern is how to fit stuff through the small doors

Most recliners and other similar pieces of furniture have removable backs which when taken off will allow passage through the door. If you turn the piece on end or on its side and look underneath, there is usually a catch that, when released, will allow you to remove the back.

To reattach, just slide the back down into its normal position and it will click into place.

I'm not sure if the backs of sofas can be removed in the same way.

karen.b.anderson
05-11-2014, 06:18 AM
We used these guys. I was really happy with them. They were careful to get measurements - to make sure it would fit in the slide out, understand what step up into the slide out was so it wouldn't be falling off the edge - I guess you can get different height feet if it needs to go over. The wall hugging model works great. I was very happy with the fabric. Not affiliation, just a very satisfied customer. Came in 4 pieces, well packed, easy assembly. Not cheap, but I think it was worth it. And it beats the heck out of the little jackknife sofa that used to be there!

http://www.glastop.com/rv-furniture-products.asp?id=70

Ky81538
05-14-2014, 05:47 AM
I'm looking to. How easy is it to get something through the door?

Our trailer had the patio door, which made it easier. Also, out love seat was "modular" in that we could unbolt the lower rails and split it in half. I would expect then it could fit through a normal TT door.

Ky81538
05-14-2014, 05:52 AM
We used these guys. I was really happy with them. They were careful to get measurements - to make sure it would fit in the slide out, understand what step up into the slide out was so it wouldn't be falling off the edge - I guess you can get different height feet if it needs to go over. The wall hugging model works great. I was very happy with the fabric. Not affiliation, just a very satisfied customer. Came in 4 pieces, well packed, easy assembly. Not cheap, but I think it was worth it. And it beats the heck out of the little jackknife sofa that used to be there!

http://www.glastop.com/rv-furniture-products.asp?id=70

Very nice furniture, if you're willing to pay the price...

Our love seat did not completely fit in the slideout, and when we sat in, our rear ends sank too far. I bolted a 2x6 to the rear rail and it was back to normal.