PDA

View Full Version : What the heck???

dandjh1958
05-09-2014, 10:07 AM
First trip since February. Put anode back in hot water heater. Closed all open faucets. Put regulator on park water faucet (reading 60) hooked up hose to regulator. Turned on water inside trailer and water started to come out (along with air) but its only a tickle. No pressure at all. I've unhooked the hose from the trailer and water is making it to the trailer just fine. Do I have some other valve stuck closed somewhere? Not sure where to start looking.

GaryWT
05-09-2014, 10:27 AM
There is no valve that I am aware of, these is on the tank side but I always thought the city water was a straight shot. Nothing in the way at the connection at the trailer? Is this the same at all sinks, tub etc? Is the water heater full, water coming out the relief valve if you open it? Good luck, let us know what you find.

Terrydactile
05-09-2014, 10:51 AM
There is a check valve at the hook up for city water albeit should for flow in to trailer and stop flow coming out. I have heard of them getting stuck not allowing any flow in. It is behind the little screen on your city water connection.

dandjh1958
05-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Found it! The Valterra regulator was showing 60 and when I unhooked the hose ,it ran at 60 but when I hooked it up to the trailer and ran water, the regulator still showed 60 but water was at a trickle. I swapped out to one of my other non -adjustable regulators and water is running just fine. I'll play with the adjustment on the valterra and see if I can get it to work correctly again. Thanks for your input!

gvansickle1
05-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Okay, noob here! I bought and have been using a regulator but to be honest my water pressure completely sucks and is totally inadequate. I have a 30-40 regulator but I'm also using an inline (first off the pole) water filter! Should I get a higher rated regulator?:banghead:

Festus2
05-09-2014, 03:30 PM
gvansickle1 -
As a first step I would suggest unscrewing the thin, mesh filter that is at the end of your faucets. Sometimes, these screens get clogged with "construction" debris when they install the plumbing lines at the plant. If necessary, clean the filter out and reinsert. Try this and see if it makes any difference.

There is also a mesh filter at the exterior city water inlet. Make sure this is not clogged but be careful when you remove it.

gvansickle1
05-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Appreciate it Festus2, I'll give those a try and let you know. (tx)

hankaye
05-09-2014, 05:10 PM
gvansickle1, Howdy;

How hard is the water that was going into the trailer before????
I have to clean my regulator about every 2 months due to calcium
build-up. I just plunk it into a container of CLR let it sit for a few
minutes rinse and good to go for another few months. repeat .....

hankaye

GaryWT
05-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't use a regulator. When I have tried it, with my filter, I get no pressure so I go with just the filter. The other thing I do is only open the facet up a little if the pressure seems strong.

Lost
05-10-2014, 05:41 AM
gvansickle1 -
As a first step I would suggest unscrewing the thin, mesh filter that is at the end of your faucets. Sometimes, these screens get clogged with "construction" debris when they install the plumbing lines at the plant. If necessary, clean the filter out and reinsert. Try this and see if it makes any difference.

There is also a mesh filter at the exterior city water inlet. Make sure this is not clogged but be careful when you remove it.

When I hooked up the water to my unit last week I got water everywere except the bathroom sink. I took off the mesh filter on the faucet and it was clogged with sand. I cleaned it and all is fine"bouncey: Ready to go camping now.

gvansickle1
05-11-2014, 06:46 PM
gvansickle1, Howdy;

How hard is the water that was going into the trailer before????
I have to clean my regulator about every 2 months due to calcium
build-up. I just plunk it into a container of CLR let it sit for a few
minutes rinse and good to go for another few months. repeat .....

hankaye

Pressure off the pole seemed significantly better than what was available within the TT. I think that its the combination of the regulator and inline filter. May just try it without the regulator if its the same next time out.(tx)

gvansickle1
05-11-2014, 06:48 PM
gvansickle1 -

Appreciate it Festus2. I'll check for the screens on the faucets; hadn't thought about that. I did check the filter at the water inlet; it was clear.(tx)