PDA

View Full Version : slide will not extend

leosonja
05-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Have a Larado 315. The bedroom slide will not extend using the out button. I can manually screw the motor a turn and it starts to work properly. Is there a limit switch in the motor to adjust or what controls the full in or full out of the slide motor? Do these motors/gear boxes bind to a point that they cannot be electrically overridden? What stops the slide, when I pull a slide in or out, it just goes until I hear a thump, thump, then I let go of the control button. Is this normal?

dixonlaredo
07-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Hello........I have the same issue with my 291 TG. Hopefully someone has a suggestion. I can hear the motor run, but it will not push the slide out.

rweis
07-21-2014, 06:32 PM
mine is in for repair, same issue, no slide movement.

gearhead
07-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Which system? Cable, gear, hydraulic?

jsmith948
07-22-2014, 06:03 AM
On our electric slides, the motor will drive the slide in the selected direction until it is fully open or closed. There isn't a limit/micro switch. As long as you depress the switch, power flows to the motor. When the slide is fully open or closed, the motor will ratchet to avoid stripping the gears. I try not to let the motor do that. With a little finesse, the slide can be put in or out until it is tight against the seals without the horrible ratcheting sound. If you are trying to extend the slide and it is ratcheting (thumping?) the bell stop may be too tight. If you loosen it slightly, it will release the slide. This is based on the assumption that you have electric 'rack & pinion' slides.

dixonlaredo
07-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I have a gear drive system. When you mention a "bell" what are you referring too?

jsmith948
07-22-2014, 08:23 AM
There is a bell shaped stop on the end of the actuator rod that is adjustable. I can get to ours from underneath the slide. We don't have a bedroom slide so I don't know how you get to yours. The flared part of the stop contacts the frame when the slide is closed.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dixonlaredo
07-23-2014, 09:11 PM
I have tried adjusting the bell stop. Nothing. Tried pushing on slide from inside to "unstick" it. Nothing. Shear pins are not sheared and I try to "finesse" it in to keep from racheting it. Guess it will go to the repair shop this weekend.

jsmith948
07-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Yeah, if the bell stop isn't jamming the slide against the frame then it could easily be bound up somewhere else. Good luck with it.