PDA

View Full Version : window replacement and stove hood vent

ronson
05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I have a 2006 Laredo 28rl. bought it used nov 2012. one large slide, very nice trailer. I was wondering if anyone has ever changed some of the windows with knobs to sliding windows to get better ventilation. also the stove hood vent does not vent to the outside like maybe it was never completed.

thanks ronson

Festus2
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Ronson:
Your particular stove vent, like many others that are found on the newer RV's, have an "internal" venting system. Unlike the "older" externally vented stove, the fumes/gases are recirculated internally. Some have found that this new system actually blows smoke/fumes/gases back at you rather than getting rid of them and have installed a Fantastic Fan or some other similar type of fan to improve circulation and expel the cooking odors.

ronson
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
thanks the hood fans just blows it back at you. our last motorhome was vented to the outside. just wonder if anyone has ever added a vent to the outside. ronson

WaltBennett
05-06-2014, 02:40 AM
If you've got an outside vent, make certain the flap isn't locked shut. Many people think their vent doesn't work when all it takes is moving a couple little plastic tabs and it will. Guess they made these things so you can maybe keep bugs out of the vent, but it'd be nice if everyone knew about them . .

ColoChuck
05-07-2014, 10:10 AM
If you've got an outside vent, make certain the flap isn't locked shut. Many people think their vent doesn't work when all it takes is moving a couple little plastic tabs and it will. Guess they made these things so you can maybe keep bugs out of the vent, but it'd be nice if everyone knew about them . .

That was one thing I remember that was pointed out to me during the PDI. They said to move the tabs to unlock the vent "flap" to use and to make certain the tabs Locked the flap shut when in motion to avoid the flap laying on the ground along side the road.

hankpage
05-07-2014, 10:36 AM
One of the main reasons we choose to buy our Cougar was the fact that it had awning windows (with knobs) in most locations. Sliding windows must be closed when it rains or if leaving the site for the day.
Usually models with kitchens in or near a slide will not have external vent. On some models a window frame extends behind the stove and does not allow a vent. I think it is just poor design or just cost cutting and using the same framework for several models. JM2¢, Hank

ronson
05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
there is no outside vent or any window by where a vent would go. thanks for the replies. I do enjoy this keystone rv forum and everyone's input. there are certainly a lot of rv experiences and willingness to share.