PDA

View Full Version : It NEVER Fails

JRTJH
05-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't you know it, We left northern Michigan and it was 16F. Four weeks later and in what "should be" a moderate temperature location, it's 102F in Wichita, KS. It looks like the Cougar will stay "cool" even in 100F.... At least today it does.

Hmmmm Headed back north, It's too "cool" to go home (high there today was 46 and low tonight will be 31) But in Wichita, summer is here. Our plan is to slowly head east until it warms up a bit more "up there"......

If anyone is interested, the Keystone Cougar assembly building tours are being conducted every Wednesday at 1PM. There's a number on the Keystone website to register if you're going to be in the area.

theeyres
05-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Yep! I always forget that those supposed average temperatures are just that: average. It takes all those highs and lows to average out what always seems ideal. We just never manage to camp where the average is."bouncey:

dannyk
05-05-2014, 04:29 AM
Well here in our part of northern Michigan it snowing right now with 30 degrees, the ground is all white now.

JRTJH
05-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Dannyk,

That's exactly why we escaped as soon as I could get the pole barn door open. We spent 2 weeks in Galveston area about 200' from the Gulf, walked the beach every day in shorts and tee shirts, swam a little (the water was cool not cold) and then headed to Dallas to visit with some forum members, then on to Wichita to visit friends here, it's hot enough to "move on east" so we're heading toward Goshen and the Keystone plant today. Should be great travelling, and yes, I torqued the lug nuts and checked the tire pressure this morning, after breakfast, we're heading east.

I'm not sure when we will get back to northern Michigan, but as long as that "white stuff" is there, I'm thinking a tad bit south won't hurt......

I'm wondering if we'll have a summer this year? Hmmmmmm

SAABDOCTOR
05-05-2014, 05:53 AM
I figure here in the northeast we are about 6 weeks behind normal. may 5th and march is starting to go out like a lamb!!!:banghead:

Kristi
05-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Weather here in OK was perfect last weekend for the maiden voyage, but we are supposed to hit close to 100F for the next couple of days. Hope this heat doesn't follow you east!

JRTJH
05-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Today was great travelling. We're just outside Springfield, IL and it's 65F, supposed to be in the low to mid 80's tomorrow. Goshen is forecast in the low 80's on Wednesday when we are scheduled to tour Keystone's facilities.

It's turning out to be much "milder" weather than we had in Wichita. As for Oklahoma, I was watching the local news in Wichita on Sunday and parts of Oklahoma were setting "high temp records" right along with Kansas.

I'm thinking that I'll probably be breaking ice off the boat ramp Memorial Day weekend to launch the boat for the opening of bass season. The last time I had to do that was in 1982.