PDA

View Full Version : 21RBS Dinette mods

ROLIN JOSEPH
05-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Dinette mods in 21RBS:
--Overhead lamp 'pull switch' instead of push button. (now we don't have to get up)
--Venetian blind instead of whatever that other one was.
--Table (custom made with identical laminate) 48"X33" to replace the original semi-circle format. Much easier to get in and out and steady as a rock. I used the hardware from the countertop extender, (which we never use), to secure it to the wall. It sits on the original collapsible stand.
:applause:

Western Traveler
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Nice, We haven't decided what to do with ours, but something clearly needs to be modified. We want to lose the collapsible stand though.

Bob Landry
05-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Dinette mods in 21RBS:
--Overhead lamp 'pull switch' instead of push button. (now we don't have to get up)
--Venetian blind instead of whatever that other one was.
--Table (custom made with identical laminate) 48"X33" to replace the original semi-circle format. Much easier to get in and out and steady as a rock. I used the hardware from the countertop extender, (which we never use), to secure it to the wall. It sits on the original collapsible stand.
:applause:

Just out of curiosity, where did you find the identical laminate. I just ordered a sheet that is the same as in my Outback, but it took a lot of online research and phone calls to track down a distributor in New Jersey. Funny, I ordered it to build a countertop extension which we need. Interesting how everyone's needs differ..

michol02
05-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Nice. Looks factory. "bouncey:

ROLIN JOSEPH
05-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Bob Landry,
We ordered the dinette table from 'Durham Precision Cabinets' in Bowmanville, Ontario. We took the original tabletop in to the workshop and the guy recognized the laminate type and design number right away. He brought out a sample for a perfect match and we were good to go.
Our laminate is 'Rare Earth Slate #SL6003-T matte finish' (Cdn$287)