PDA

View Full Version : tv in outside kitchen compartment?

rode2nowhere
05-02-2014, 04:30 AM
I have the 2011 311bhs with outdoor kitchen and it has tv cable plate there, if any of you have installed a tv in this area where did you put it? With the cabinets and sink I really don't see a place to install one....

cabinfever
05-02-2014, 05:39 AM
We have a small tv, I think it is a 19", that we store in its box beside the couch when not in use. When using, it fits nicely in a few places on the counter. It can be pushed all the way back and out of the way when using the kitchen, we cover it with a towel to splash guard it.

rode2nowhere
05-02-2014, 10:04 AM
So yours is not mounted in the kitchen.......that looks like the only way tp me too...:confused:

AlbertaRvMan
05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
I suggest you look at some pictures of the premier 31bhpr, this is the model I have and it comes with a tv mounted in the outdoor kitchen, maybe this will help guide you.

rode2nowhere
05-02-2014, 10:11 AM
thanks, will do

{tpc}
05-02-2014, 11:51 AM
"If" I had the outdoor kitchen, I would likely find a way to permanently mount it in there. when we went to some of the shows before we bought and saw the outdoor kitchens, I looked at the fridge and thought while cool, it seemed unnecessary. I would probably just remove it and put it in my house, and then use that space to permanently mount a tv.

I was thinking that they might not hold up to all the shock they would take, but they must, but I have to think the ones in the inside take a decent amount of shock as well. I think the real worry would be running it during weird temp swings where it starts off a hot day, gets really cool at night, and then repeats. Dew a condensation are not a circuit boards best friend.

For us, the solution will be to mount a second tv in the inside for the bedroom, that will have a removable base so it can be toted outside. The issue is how to get the cable back out from the inside however.

rode2nowhere
05-02-2014, 03:52 PM
"If" I had the outdoor kitchen, I would likely find a way to permanently mount it in there. when we went to some of the shows before we bought and saw the outdoor kitchens, I looked at the fridge and thought while cool, it seemed unnecessary. I would probably just remove it and put it in my house, and then use that space to permanently mount a tv.

I was thinking that they might not hold up to all the shock they would take, but they must, but I have to think the ones in the inside take a decent amount of shock as well. I think the real worry would be running it during weird temp swings where it starts off a hot day, gets really cool at night, and then repeats. Dew a condensation are not a circuit boards best friend.

For us, the solution will be to mount a second tv in the inside for the bedroom, that will have a removable base so it can be toted outside. The issue is how to get the cable back out from the inside however.

fridge is a nice touch to us,,,,cold drinks right there, I can mount a small tv under the cabinets but I have to remove the paper towel holder I put there :rolleyes:

{tpc}
05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
fridge is a nice touch to us,,,,cold drinks right there, I can mount a small tv under the cabinets but I have to remove the paper towel holder I put there :rolleyes:

Umm ya...bye bye paper towel holder! Hehe :)

cabinfever
05-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Ours is not permanently mounted. I like it that way. If the weather is not the greatest I leave it inside.

rode2nowhere
05-03-2014, 02:39 AM
its dry in there, I would leave it

GaryWT
05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
My 31bhpr, Premier and previous North Trail 30 qok had the outside kitchen and tv. Love it, mounted under the cabinet and just over the counter. Sink is in the corner and we have a portable paper towel holder. Love the fridge for drinks and eggs, cheese burgers etc on those hot days.