PDA

View Full Version : Propride First Impression

Clicker
04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Installed my new PP on our Keystone Cougar 32SAB TT and have taken 2 trips so far. 380 miles and 200 miles. The hitch performed as advertised. It is a pleasure to use and hooking up and detaching is a snap. No sway and a feeling of always in control. Backing in is also easy. Chalk me up as a satisfied customer. Just thought I would post in case anyone was thinking about getting one.

chartrand
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
X2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fla-gypsy
04-30-2014, 03:49 AM
What was the cost for the system?

unyalli
04-30-2014, 03:56 AM
No sway and a feeling of always in control.
Amazing isn't it. Can't be explained, has to be experienced. I ever go back to a TT the propride is a default. The cost is nothing relative to the cost of the vehicles it's properly connecting together.

-Jeff

cabinfever
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
The Propride goes for about $2500.00 , not sure if that includes shipping. If I had not found my used Hensley $750 I would have bought the Propride, mainly due to its adjustable stinger.

Tinbender
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Starting our second season using the ProPride, would never go back to an ordinary hitch.
When we were considering buying it we read a lot of information about the difficulty of hooking and unhooking as well as backing up so we had some concerns but went ahead with the purchase.

After using it a while we found that it is faster and easier than hooking up a regular ball hitch. As for backing no issues at all. The only thing I have found that is inconvenient is when backed in and the TV is at an angle to the TT, say 30 degrees, the WD bar will be in the way of allowing the tongue jack to extend. Easy fix, either change the angle slightly or remove the foot plate from the jack until it is below the bars then re-install.

Also read, before purchase, that you had to hook up at the same angle that you unhooked, bull. Haven't found a situation yet where I unhooked at an angle that I wasn't able to align the hitch straight ahead and back right into it.

With backing skills like mine this situation happens almost every time :D

sbaker
05-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I recently bought a 3p. (Nov 13) $2690 including shipping. It is for sale BTW. Look in the For Sale posts. I converted to a 5th wheel. Hitch did perform as advertised.