PDA

View Full Version : Cougar fridge fan

nano
04-28-2014, 05:48 AM
We are having some warranty work done, and I wanted to see if anyone else had their fridge fan replaced due to it being loud/whiny? If so, was it covered under warranty? The dealer was going to replace it last summer when they came to our house to replace the control panel, but there was only one guy there with a bandaged arm, and I didn't want him to have to try pulling the fridge out by himself so I didn't have him replace it at the time. I guess I should have because now the dealer is saying the fan functions, so it won't be covered under warranty. I have an email in to Keystone right now to see if they will cover it. The fan may function/run, but it runs loud enough to wake us up at night whenever it turns on. It wasn't always that loud.

canesfan
04-28-2014, 06:01 AM
They are mostly loud, good luck getting it replaced under warranty if it is functioning properly. I've read of people replacing them with computer fans. Good luck.

Festus2
04-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Have you checked the warranty that comes with the fridge? In many cases, there is a 2 years parts warranty which may apply to your noisy fan issue. Try contacting the fridge manufacturer with your problem and see what results you get.

airforceret
04-28-2014, 11:54 AM
If I ever get mine back I'll let you know... It's one of the items I have listed I want resolved under warranty. And after waiting nearly 7 weeks now for my camper, I really hope this is it!

Yosemitebob
04-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Ours was the same way, noisy, but they told us the fridge is working fine and Keystone will not replace it unless there is a problem with the fridge. I'll wait a while and contact the manufacture after the one year warranty is over.