PDA

View Full Version : This Week's Top Five

Festus2
04-27-2014, 02:50 PM
The forum can be an invaluable source of information and ideas but it also can provide a bit of humour. I've put together a few of these short snippets which have recently appeared as thread titles and in posts. Are you the person who posted one of these gems? Enjoy.

Number 5 (A thread about towing with a full tank of water): "Water weighs 8.3 lbs." "No, it actually weighs 8.35 lbs." "Sorry, the weight of water is 8.5 lbs." "Well, milk weighs 8.6 lbs". "No, skim milk weighs 8.4 lbs". (Does anyone fill up their FW tank with milk?)

Number 4: "HELP!". Now this member is in real trouble. :confused:

Number 3: "Silly question". And then we have "Stupid Question." Not to be outdone, this member says that he has a "Dumb Question". :iws:

Number 2: "I'm being invaded by mice!" :eek:Is this the same member who posted Number 4 above? :D

Number 1: "I can't find the .......(pick one or more of the following "lost" items):

* radio antenna * water pump * dump valve (gray, or black)
* low point drains *converter * remote

Stay tuned for next week's Top 5. Have you said something that would make the list? If you have, I'll find it and make you smile.

KanTC
04-27-2014, 05:18 PM
:D Festus!
And don't forget about "the crazy weather", it's been on everybody's "LIST" for quite awhile now. ;)

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

hankaye
04-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Festus2, Howdy;

Is this going to be a weekly short version of a Late Night Top 5 (Ten), List?

hankaye

Ken / Claudia
04-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Whats up, I did not make the top 5. I will try harder next week.

therink
04-28-2014, 02:18 AM
Love the top 5, keep them coming.

canesfan
04-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Water weighs more in CA and may cause cancer.

GMcKenzie
04-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Need links.......

Besides, water is 10 pounds per gallon....

Festus2
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Need links.......

Besides, water is 10 pounds per gallon....

Yes, but only in Canada and other "Imperialist countries", eh? But since we don't use gallons any more it really doesn't matter, eh? You should have told us how many kilograms a liter of water weighs, eh?

If you keep this up, you might just make next weeks Top Five, eh?

What's with the "Need links"? Links to what? eh?

(Y'all have to forgive the Canada speak, eh).

HappyCamperMN
04-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, but only in Canada and other "Imperialist countries", eh? But since we don't use gallons any more it really doesn't matter, eh? You should have told us how many kilograms a liter of water weighs, eh?

I understand why all the Canada, speak...

GMcKenzie... are you related to Bob or Doug?

SAABDOCTOR
04-29-2014, 05:01 AM
water in Califorina? there isn't any. it all turned to steam!:cool:

GMcKenzie
04-29-2014, 06:46 AM
I understand why all the Canada, speak...

GMcKenzie... are you related to Bob or Doug?

I actually have a brother named Doug. Went through hell during High School and University.

GMcKenzie
04-29-2014, 06:50 AM

It's sad, but I still think in gallons and miles. Especially when figuring out my truck mileage. I do use Imperial MPG still. I'm not that old. Really. I'm not.

Get off my lawn!

(You need to link to the post where the comment is made. Makes it much more amusing to see it in context.)

Festus2
04-29-2014, 07:15 AM
(You need to link to the post where the comment is made. Makes it much more amusing to see it in context.)

If I did that, the members who made those remarks would be immediately identified. I think it is better that they remain anonymous but they probably can recognize what they wrote. But if you should post something that is worthy of being included in the Top Five, I'll be sure to provide a link to your post. :D

GMcKenzie
04-29-2014, 07:18 AM
If I did that, the members who made those remarks would be immediately identified. I think it is better that they remain anonymous but they probably can recognize what they wrote. But if you should post something that is worthy of being included in the Top Five, I'll be sure to provide a link to your post. :D

Deal :)

And here is making the post 10 characters.