PDA

View Full Version : got a question

tenn321
04-26-2014, 06:37 PM
On our 2014 Cougar 321 High Country I think it has a 2nd fan for the fridge that comes on when it heats up and makes more noise is that the way yours is,I pulled the top cover off for fridge vents and it has a piece of sheet metal that covers most of the opening for air.Don,t know the reason it,s there I think it would run cooler with out the metal what do you think

GaryWT
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Most RV fridges don't have fans. What type of fridge do you have?

therink
04-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Fridges that don't have a roof vent (ones in a slide that are vented through the upper slide wall are equipped with a thermostat activated fan to help vent the exhaust gasses outside side. I have one on mine and yes it does whine at times. No worry, it is normal.

byrdr1
04-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Fridges that don't have a roof vent (ones in a slide that are vented through the upper slide wall are equipped with a thermostat activated fan to help vent the exhaust gasses outside side. I have one on mine and yes it does whine at times. No worry, it is normal.
Turned my frig on yesterday, temps hit 80 and the frig vent fan was running. Some people have added a second fan to keep the air movoing faster. this helps keep things colder and frig running better.
randy

tenn321
04-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Thanks ,What about the sheet metal that.s blocking some of the air.I will try to get a pic of it today

SVichera
04-27-2014, 05:53 AM
That sheet metal is a baffle ton direct the air. Do not remove it. In some cases, the baffle isn't restrictive enough and doesn't direct the air over the coils. It's normal and there for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk